Monday 17 August 2020: Online Workshop (Accurate Cutting)
Time & Location
About the Event
Sarah Payne - Monday 17 August 2020 - 2.00pm to 6.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: Accurate Cutting Techniques
One of the basic skills that any new sewer needs to master at the beginning of their journey is Accurate Cutting, and many find this the most difficult step. Many of us are self-taught and we have tended to pick up bad habits so now is the time to get it right. In this class Sarah Payne will talk you through various tools and what they are used for, how to cut safely and how to cut things that are bigger than your ruler. You will also see how to make the most of the rulers you have, as well as take a look at a few you may never have used before. You will have lots of chances to cut, and Sarah will supply you with a pattern for a simple bag that you can make after the class with some of your scraps.
This is a workshop where you will be practicing your cutting!
For this online interactive workshop you will require the following:-
- Rotary Cutter (with a nice sharp blade), long ruler and cutting mat.
- Square rulers in various sizes – whatever you have in your collection.
- This is an opportunity to learn how to cut with other shapes – i.e. hexagons, triangles, diamonds – so bring them along!
- A selection of fabrics – you will be cutting many pieces, and so will need to bring a selection of fat ¼ and ½ metre pieces, as well as scraps. It is a good idea to bring pieces that go together so that you can use them for future projects.
- You can make a bag from the pieces that you have cut.
- You will need ½ metre of fabric for the lining of the bag.
- ½ metre of medium or heavy weight iron on interface or wadding.
- Clean sewing-machine with manual, accessories and foot pedal. A Walking Foot will be useful to make the bag.
- No pre-cutting required
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! Ticket price is based on ONE person attending this workshop.
- Online Workshop: Cutting Skill£30£300£0