Saturday 11 July 2020: Online Workshop (Sewist)
Time & Location
About the Event
Svetlana Sotak - Saturday 11 July 2020 - 6.00pm to 9.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Tutorial: Norfolk Pouch Sewing Project
We're really excited to have our first pouch-making workshop with the wonderful & supremely talented Svetlana Sotak! This session will see particpants making Svetlana's gorgeous Norfolk Pouch. This a 'Measure & Cut' pattern (Svetlana's pattern will be supplied via PDF to all those who book) meaning there's no need for templates as the pattern works best when all the pieces are cut using a rotary cutter, self-healing cutting-mat and acrylic ruler.
The following materials are required for this online interactive workshop:-
- 1 x Fat-Quarter (FQ) measuring 18" x 21"
- 1 x Fat-Eighth (FE) measuring 9" x 21"
Fabric A (Main Exterior) - 1 x FQ
Fabric B (Front Side Panels + Wrist Strap) - 1 x FE
*Fabric C (Lining) - 1 x FQ
**Interfacing - 3/4 (three-quarters) yard
Zipper - 8" long Metal or Nylon zipper
* Fabric C - Please choose non-directional print for your liningn to ensure your card pockets and the rest of the lining will look it's best!
** SF101 is my favourite fusible interfacing. You can however use a different medium weight fusible interfacing if you prefer. You could use Pellion Fusible Fleece for the exterior panels if you like your pouch to have more structure and stability.
The supplies/equipment you will require for this online interactive workshop are as follows:-
1 x Half-inch Swivel Hook
1 x Half-inch D-ring
3 x 6-8mm rivets (optional)
- Rotary Cutter
- Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- Acrylic Ruler
- Wonder Clips and/or Pins
- Disappearing Fabric Marker or Fine Chalk Pen
- Sharp Fabric Scissors
- Leather Hole Punch + Rivet Setting Tools (optional)
- Zipper Foot for your Sewing Machine (optional)
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis!
- Online Workshop: Pouch£30£300£0