Sat, 20 Nov|
Online Interactive Workshop
Saturday 20 November 2021: Online Workshop (Dot-To-Dot Machine Quilting)
Sarah Payne hosts a three-hour Online Interactive Workshop teaching you a hugely immersive skill: Dot-To-Dot Machine Quilting!…
Time & Location
20 Nov 2021, 16:00 – 19:00 GMT
Online Interactive Workshop
About the Event
Sarah Payne - Saturday 20 November 2021 - 4.00pm to 7.00pm (GMT)
Online Interactive Workshop: Dot-To-Dot Machine Quilting
As always, we're absolutely delighted to welcome back the wonderful Sarah Payne for her latest workshop with CraftyMonkies: learn to quilt blocks imaginatively with Sarah's Dot-To-Dot Machine Quilting techniques!...
Introduction by Sarah:-
I simply LOVE to quilt!!! However, many people make their patchwork top and then run out of steam at this final step. In this class I will show you how to quilt blocks imaginatively with your Free-Motion Foot and Walking Foot with little to no marking. I will also show you an innovative way to mark without marking and create fun designs that will focus your eye on the bits you want to see and disguise the bits you don’t! If only this was so easy in real life, but in quilting it certainly can be! I really hope you'll join me for what promises to be another fantabulous, fun class, full of great tips!...
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Preparing to quilt – pressing, basting and setting up your sewing-machine
- How to add interest to simple blocks with little to no marking
- How to draw the eye where you want it
- How to make the most of your Walking Foot
- Creating straight lines with your Free-Motion Foot
- Creating variations of simple quilt designs!
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
This class is perfect for beginners and assumes no previous knowledge at all!...
Material requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- It would be useful to have a few left over 'Orphan' blocks to play with. Layer these up with wadding/batting and backing.
- Or, if you do not have any left over blocks, make up some quilt sandwiches - approx 18" (inches) square - with a top fabric, wadding and backing. We will mark fake seams with a pen or pencil on these blocks so you can play!
- Or Nine-Patch Quilt Block - Sarah's bonus Nine-Patch Block Pattern will be supplied to all who sign up for the class!
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Walking Foot and Free-Motion Foot
- A4 piece of paper or card.Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Sarah's Nine-Patch Block Pattern (supplied FREE to all who book)!
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! If applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The ticket price of £30.00 is based on ONE person attending this crafting class.
This CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Workshop is being broadcast from the United Kingdom and the class time given is based on Greenwich MeanTime (GMT). We advise you check via Google Search (or similar) to see corresponding start-time in YOUR location!
Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop!
In light of the ongoing situation regards potential delays with supply of certain materials/fabrics/equipment from around the world due to the lasting impact of Covid-19, please ensure you book your place & order any materials/fabrics/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of course dates.
Enjoy This Class/Workshop Again on YouTube!
A link to a recording of this workshop will be sent to all who buy a live ticket for the Zoom broadcast approximately 5 working days after the event; the video will be available to view for 30 days from the video release date.
Are you not able to attend this class due to living in a different time-zone? Are you otherwise engaged on the date of this workshop? Well, we have excellent news!
This class will be available to view via Pay-On-Demand via our Online Shop for 30 days following the video release date (approximately 5 working days after broadcast on Zoom)
Online Workshop: Dot-To-Dot
This ticket is for the CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Workshop with Sarah Payne on Saturday 20 November 2021 (4.00pm-7.00pm, GMT)£30.00