Sat, 29 Feb|
Oulton Hall Hotel
Saturday 29 Feb + Sunday 01 March 2020: Sewist Only
Book your place on our Two-Day Sewing & Quilting Retreat at Oulton Hall Hotel, near Leeds!
Time & Location
29 Feb 2020, 09:30 – 01 Mar 2020, 16:30
Oulton Hall Hotel, Rothwell Ln, Oulton, Leeds LS26 8HN, UK
About the Event
On this fabulous retreat (COMPLETE WITH SPA!), Sarah Payne will teach you several quilting tecniques that you can take away and use for a whole variety of quilting projects; this will be via 2 projects and will include skills for making quilts, bags, cushions or applique. All the skills learned will be invaluable! Likewise, Heather Jacks will teach you via two projects, offer top tips in dressmaking, like how to stitch in the ditch, work with different types of fabric, master the overlocker, sew on a neck and so much more. Rest assured, you will be so much more confident & proficient when you leave and you will be brimming with ideas!
Oulton Hall Hotel in West Yorkshire, is located a few miles from the M62 and M1, is approx 25 minutes from Leeds and 8 miles from Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
This Retreat ticket will see you begin the course at 9.30am on the morning of Saturday 29th February 2020, stay overnight in a luxurious room within Oulton Hall Hotel, HAVE USE OF THE BEAUTIFUL SPA SHOULD YOU SO DESIRE, have a three-course dinner on the Saturday night, a cooked breakfast the following morning & continue with the course on Sunday 1st March 2020. Sunday's course will commence at 9.30am and finish at approx 4.30pm. Lunch & light refreshments inc afternoon tea will be served on both days.
Oulton Hall Hotel fits within our CraftyMonkies Retreat ethos: luxury, quality service, beautiful views and a stunning environment in which to learn, focus, relax, make friends, enjoy terrific food, (including cake!), learn new invaluable skills and come away with approx £100 RRP worth of goodies to make & take home!
Did we mention a Spa visit is included in the price? Yes there is, but please note that any treatments guests would like to enjoy are payable in addition to our core course fees and direct to the hotel. Treatments would also have to be pre-booked directly with the hotel prior to you arriving on the course.
Here's what you will need for your CraftyMonkies Retreat weekend:-
• Materials are included in the cost of your ticket.
• Sewing machine in good working order – with manual, and standard sewing machine feet. If you are unfamiliar with your machine, please take a few minutes to practice stitching in a straight line. You will need no further skills than that!
• Sewing threads in neutral colours (cream, ecru, greys – bring what you have!) and coloured swing machine threads for embroidery stitches.
• Rotary cutter (45mm rotary cutter is the best size) and mat (18” x 24 approx so a fat 14 fits on it easily) – please check that the cutting blade is sharp. I will have some spare bits of equipment, but it means you may have to share!
• Rulers – Easy Rule 2 (long ruler) and any square rulers you have hidden away will be useful.
• General sewing kit (pins, scissors, stitch ripper).
• Optional – craft iron and ironing mat (so you don’t have to queue!). There is an ironing station planned with domestic irons, so only bring small irons and don’t worry if you don’t have one – it’s not vital.
We cant wait to see you!
29/2+1/3 - Sewist Only
This Ticket is for the full Two-Day Sewing & Quilting Retreat at Oulton Hall on Sat 29/2/20 & Sun 1/3/20...