Online Interactive Easy-Art Class with
Online Interactive Easy-Art Class
Art & Design Class:
Retro Doodles & Patterns!
Wednesday 08 March 2023
7.00pm - 8.30pm (GMT)
Online Interactive Easy-Art Class
Design Retro Doodles & Patterns!
We're delighted to be hosting the second of three Easy-Art Classes run in winter with the wonderful & hugely talented Gary Mills! This class will see participants engage with Retro Doodles & Patterns - we look forward to seeing y'all in class!...
Introduction by Gary:-
Have you always wanted to learn more about being creative? Have you wanted to explore design, but never had the opportunity? Well, I've created a series of specifically designed classes just for you! They can be accessed by everyone and at all levels and abilities. This is for all of you who would like to learn and have a go, and those who enjoy being creative but would like to become a little freer and more open to some new ideas.
If you love, colour, doodling and playing with scraps of paper, cloth, and ephemera then you are really going to enjoy your time on Gary’s 90-minute Art & Design classes. This 'ticket' is for the March class, Design Retro Patterns & Doodles, which takes place on Wednesday 08 March 2023.
When you buy this ticket you will receive your Zoom link and if applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date.
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
In this short 1 ½ hour lesson you will cover making stencils and masking off areas to create your initial shapes to decorate. You will be using both acrylic paint and water colour paints. You will be shown how to mark you’re your stencilled images and assemble your designs with templates supplied to follow.
The outcome measures: A3
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Beginner to Intermediate
Material requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
All the materials are easily accessible. Such as papers and inks and paints can be sourced from local shops or online and most other materials can be found around your sewing box or in your desk draw.
You will need for this workshop:
· Acrylic paints & water colour paints used:-
§ Titanium White
§ Yellow ochre
§ Orange & Brown
· Something to make permanent black marks with, such as a gel pen, ball point pen (a pen which will not smudge or run when wet)
· Optional a white Posca pen for white dots (I love this pen and is great fun adding white highlights to your work, I purchased mine on amazon) alternatively you could use liquid paper such as “Tipex” or even white paint and a small brush)
· Optional some semi-permanent fixative spray to hold down the stencils, although not necessary as you can just hold down while you dry brush in the paint) A Glue stick such as a Pritt Stick or similar
· 1 sheet of good quality paper A3 either water colour paper or mixed media paper 250g /m2 -135lb (I have used a sheet from Winsor & Newton brand but there are many on the market and some art suppliers will sell individual sheets of paper)
· Plus, some extra pieces paper or this card to make stencils 5” x 5” (12cm x 12cm)
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
· Sharp paper scissors & craft knife & cutting mat
· A ruler or quilting square for measuring and cutting against
· 2 x containers such as a jam jars to hold some clean water.
· A large plate or a palette for mixing paint
· 1 small paint brush 1x medium sized flat paint brush
· Either sponge brushes or pieces of sponge for painting
· Some paper kitchen towel to hand
· Ruler or quilting / crafting square
· Pencil and rubber
Additional Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Those attending the workshop will receive Gary’s StencilTemplates & Layout Plan
IMPORTANT: Have a hair-dryer to hand when speed drying is required!
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited and allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! Any free pattern and other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date.
The ticket price of £17.00 is based on ONE person attending this crafting class.
This CraftyMonkies online interactive workshop is being broadcast from the United Kingdom and the class time given is based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). We advise you check via Google Search (or similar) to see corresponding start-time in YOUR location!
Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop!
Please ensure you book your place & order any materials/fabrics/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of course dates.
Are you not able to attend this class due to living in a different time-zone?
Are you otherwise engaged on the date of this workshop?
Well, we have excellent news!
A recording of this workshop will be sent to all who buy a live ticket for the Zoom broadcast approximately 5 working days after the event; the video will be available to view for 30 days from the video release date.
For the full range of CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Classes
& Workshops simply click here!
If you'd like to watch any On-Demand Recordings of past Online Interactive Workshops this craft expert has taught,
simply head over to our Video Store!