Sat, 17 Apr|
Online Interactive Workshop
Saturday 17 April 2021: Online Workshop (More Walking Foot Quilting)
Lucy Brennan hosts a three-hour Online Interactive Workshop focused on helping you get MORE out of your Walking Foot Quilting!!…
Time & Location
17 Apr 2021, 16:00 – 19:00 BST
Online Interactive Workshop
About the Event
Lucy Brennan - Saturday 17 April 2021 - 4.00pm to 7.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: More Walking Foot Quilting
We're really excited to be hosting this skills-based workshop with the wonderful & hugely talented Lucy Brennan! This Saturday afternoon class will see participants engage in really getting to grips with their Walking Foot techniques, hence the name: More Walking Foot Quilting!
Introduction by Lucy:-
Walking Foot quilting is very straightforward (pun intended!), but you can also create more complex designs with lines, curves and templates! In this class you will learn how to build on simple patterns, explore various ways of marking/using a guide and even have a go at quilting your own designs. I will lead you through each step to create samplers of different designs and achieve the confidence and understanding to tackle an all too common question: "How should I quilt this?!"...
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- How to prepare and mark designs
- More advanced walking foot quilt patterns
- Explore all over quilting designs as well as individual/block designs
- How to securely start and finish your stitching
- Tips for perfect stitches
- As well as what to avoid!
- Build your own designs
- How to create visual interest and texture.
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Suitable for those with previous walking foot quilting experience.
Material requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Eight 16” x 16” wadding squares (preferably low loft quilt wadding)
If you have any quilt projects or blocks that you would like to quilt please bring them to class and we can look at how you could quilt them!
Fabric requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Eight 16” x 16” fabric squares - we will be quilting on this fabric so ideally a solid colour or simple pattern would work best.
- Eight 16” x 16”backing fabric squares
These will be used to make square quilt ‘sandwiches’ for quilting the patterns on (backing fabric, wadding, quilt top fabric).
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- General sewing kit
- Quilt Ruler for marking - ideally with 45 and 60 degree angles marked on it.
- A4 (or letter size) piece of thin card or paper, pencil and paper scissors
- Machine needle suitable for quilting
- Water soluble marking pen or quilting pencil or chalk
- Hera marker (optional)
- A selection of quilting threads, in your choice of colours (you can also use different weights of cotton thread for some designs)
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Additional Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
In preparation for the class please baste the 8 squares, I recommend spray basting with 505 spray, but please use your preferred method!
Then quilt the following using 4 of the quilt squares in preparation for adding more quilting to them in class:-
- On one quilt square quilt a diamond cross hatch with straight lines 1 ½” apart (use the 60 degree line on your ruler)
- On two of the quilt squares quilt a diamond cross hatch with straight lines 2” apart
- On one quilt square quilt a grid with straight lines 2 ½” apart
I will briefly cover this in class but if you can have the squares partially quilted it will save time and means you can quilt the full designs with me. The remaining squares we will quilt in class and if for any reason you are unable to quilt those squares before the class do not worry, you can still join in!
Should you have any questions please email myself or CraftyMonkies.
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! If applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The ticket price of £25.00 is based on ONE person attending this crafting class.
This CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Workshop is being broadcast from the United Kingdom and the class time given is based on British Summer Time (BST). We advise you check via Google Search (or similar) to see corresponding start-time in YOUR location!
Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop! In light of current uncertainties regarding potential lockdowns in some/all parts of the UK due to Covid-19, please ensure you book your place & order any materials/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of any course dates.
Enjoy This Class/Workshop Again on YouTube! A link to a recording of this workshop will be sent to all who buy a live ticket for the Zoom broadcast approximately 5 working days after the event; the video will be available to view for 30 days from the video release date.
Are you not able to attend this class due to living in a different time-zone? Are you otherwise engaged on the date of this workshop? Well, we have excellent news! This class will be available to view via Pay-On-Demand via our Online Shop for 30 days following the video release date (approximately 5 working days after broadcast on Zoom).
Please note: Not all workshops/classes will appear as edited videos due to licensing restrictions with some of our tutors; that said, the vast majority will be available!
Online Workshop: Walking Foot
This ticket is for the CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Workshop with Lucy Brennan on Saturday 17 April 2021 (4.00pm-7.00pm, BST)£25.00