Friday 26 February 2021: Online Workshop (Twin-Needled Appliqué Panel)
Time & Location
About the Event
Judith Hollies - Friday 26 February 2021 - 6.00pm to 9.00pm (GMT)
Online Interactive Workshop: Twin-Needled Appliqué Panel
We're delighted to once again welcome back the wonderfully talented/engaging Judith Hollies for this technique-based class which teaches you all about Twin-Needled Appliqué!
Introduction by Judith:-
I've been teaching patchwork & quilting for 13 years now. From age 10 I sewed on a Singer Treadle machine, inherited from my dear Granny, not learning how to use an electric machine until I was about 30 years old! I'm a keen 'repurposer' of different textiles in my patchwork & quilting and an absolute lover of fabric scraps! Many of my patterns and designs have been featured in several quilting publications and I can't wait to engage with you all again for this exciting, technique-based class!
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- How to trace & fuse applique shapes
- How to set up your machine for twin needling
- How to appli-quilt using twin needled fusible bias
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Advanced Beginner/Intermediate – you will have confident use of your sewing-machine (including attaching a Walking Foot) and know how to measure and cut fabric using a rotary cutter & ruler.
Material/Fabric requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Available to purchase via www.justjude-designs.com
- Background 141/2” square of cotton* or linen*
- ‘Flower’ Fabrics: 3 fat eighths (or use scraps)
- Border: 1 fat quarter*
- Compressed wadding*: 20”/50cm square
- Calico*: 20”/50cm square
- 5 metres of 6mm fusible bias tape (contrasting colour to your fabrics)
- Thread*: 2 matching spools of thread that are same colour as bias tape
- Basting Spray* (505)
- ¼ metre Bondaweb*
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Rotary Cutter, Ruler and Cutting-Mat
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Greaseproof Paper or Silicon Ironing Sheet
- Walking Foot
- Needles*: Size 80/12 standard needle & Size 80/12 or 90/14 4mm twin needle
- 2nd Spool Pin (or a tall wine glass!)
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
A FREE Printable Template is available to download here (please ensure you enlarge it to 169%): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XXmo2rIKN0Uo0f_SZLSIJGqJ9P8iEy9q/view?usp=sharing
Full Pattern (incl. template) for Mackintosh Flower Cushion is available here:
Additional Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Print out and enlarge template to 169%
- Spray baste wadding and calico together
- From Border Fabric cut: 2 x (2.5” x 14.5”) and 2 x (2.5” x 18.5”)
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! If applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The ticket price of £25.00 is based on ONE person attending this crafting class.
IMPORTANT - Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop!
In light of the ongoing potential for lockdowns in some/all parts of the UK due to Covid-19 outbreaks & subsequent Government-imposed restrictions to people movement and business operation, we advise everyone to please book your place & order any materials/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of any course dates.
- Online Workshop: Twin-Needled£25£250£0