Friday 26 June 2020: Online Workshop (Alternative Binding & Finishing)
Time & Location
About the Event
Sarah Payne - Friday 26 June 2020 - 10.00am to 1.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: Alternative Binding and Finishing Methods
Please note: This is a REPEAT of Sarah Payne's workshop, first aired on Wednesday 20 May 2020.
Sarah Payne will show you how to finish your quilted item via her Alternative Binding & Finishing class! Join Sarah are she takes you through different finishing techniques and helps you decide when to use them. This class is choc full of technique, and there will not be time for you to try them all, but Sarah will demonstrate each one and you will get to have a go at a couple of different methods. You will receive a 13-page guide to binding once the class is completed!
On this Online Interactive Workshop, techniques include the following:-
- Bagging and envelop finishes
- Traditional binding – hand and machine finished
- Folded forward binding
- Decorative finishing
- Flange binding
- Prairie points binding
- Ribbon binding
- Indian finishing
- Invisible binding
- Binding curves
- Using pre-made bias binding
- Creating hanging methods for your work – at least 2 different methods.
For this Online Interactive Workshop you will need:
- 4 Quilt Sandwiches to practice on measuring about 6 inches square (you can make slightly larger or smaller if it suits your scraps) – a quilt sandwich is a piece of fabric for the top, a piece of wadding and then some backing all cut to the same size. This does not need to be blocks.
- 2 fat quarters – cut one of them into three 2 ½ inch wide strips along the long length of the fat 1/4.
- Mixed selection of sewing machine threads in whatever colours you have.
- Sewing machine in good working order.
- Iron and ironing board/mat.
- Walking foot if you have one. Don’t worry if you don’t, we will be working on small samples so you can manage without
A percentage of profit from this Workshop will be donated to charity. Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited and allocated on a first-come/first-served basis!
- Online Workshop: Quilting£25£250£0