Saturday 01 August 2020: Online Workshop (Manx Patch + Quilt As You Go)
Time & Location
About the Event
Sarah Payne - Satirday 01 August 2020 - 10.00am to 1.00pm + 2.00pm to 5.30pm (BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: Manx Patchwork + Quilt-As-You-Go
Join Sarah Payne to learn to make a gorgeous Manx Patchwork + Quilt-As-You-Go Table Runner.
In the morning we will be working on Manx Patchwork quilt blocks.
You should complete more than one block in the class so prepare 2 – 3 blocks. Requirements for this online interactive workshop are as follows:-
- Plain fabric – 10-inch square per block. Calico is a good option because it is cheap and will never be seen.
- Wadding and backing fabric – 10-inch square per block.
- Fabric for binding – the amount is dependent on how many blocks you wish to make. 2 blocks will need less than a fat ¼ of fabric. Do not pre-cut.
- Sewing machine with a standard sewing machine foot and a walking foot.
- Ruler, rotary cutter and mat.
Fabric choices for this online interactive workshop are as follows:-
- You can be scrappy or simply use two fabrics for your block. However, you do need a contrast and the best way to ensure that is to separate your fabrics into light and dark ones.
In order to make a couple of blocks for the afternoon class, please pre-cut your fabric strips. For one block you will need:
- A total of eight strips from your fat 1/4s measuring 2 inches wide. Cut the strips from selvedge to selvedge (along the long edge) so you should end up with a pile of strips measuring about 20inches by 2 inches. You can also use shorter strips from your stash if you have any as long. You will need a selection of light and dark so cut 4 from the light pile and 4 from the dark.
- You will need at least two sets of the above.
In the afternoon we will continue making a few more blocks and then will put them together using the Quilt-As-You-Go technique. Once everyone has at least two blocks completed we will discuss quilting for both options, and then use the same technique to make the table runner!
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis!
- Online Workshop: Manx+Quilt£50£500£0