Saturday 05 December 2020: Online Workshop (Christmas Snowman)
Time & Location
About the Event
Gary Mills - Saturday 05 December 2020 - 2.30pm to 5.30pm (GMT)
Online Interactive Workshop: Christmas Snowman Decoration
The second of Gary Mills' TWO individual classes - you can pay for and join both or either his Christmas Wreath session in the morning (see separate 'Event' for details) or just this Christmas Snowman Decoration class in the afternoon! - replaces what was originally forecast to be an All-Day Christmas Countdown class; sadly, the baking of a Christmas Yule Log halfway through the planned All-Day event has now been consigned to the annals of history (though Rachel will likely be begging Gary to make one especially for her to munch over the festive season!?!)
Introduction by Gary:-
This workshop has been specially designed by me for an incredibly special CraftyMonkies Christmas-themed workshop! Throughout this workshop you will be expertly guided through the making of this relatively simple-to-make yet effective sewn character figure, he is just toooooo cute for words - with his little carrot nose, a scarf and long hat, twigs for his arms and his sack of presents… I guarantee that everyone will adore him once you have him on display alongside your festive decorations! Fabrics and materials can easily be sourced to complete this project.
This class will be FULL of FESTIVE FUN for all you CraftyMonkies crafters and, as always, the session will be relaxed with plenty of conversational chatter from Rachel and myself; we both look forward to having you along for this creative festive session!
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
For this adorable Christmas Snowman Decoration, you will learn some basic cutting out fabric from a supplied pattern and simple sewing assembly of a decorative figure on a sewing machine, there is both machine stitching and hand sewn decorative features to learn. Outcome measures 13” (33cm) tall.
Skill Level Required for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
The skill level needed for this workshop is for an intermediate or practiced beginner (all the skill elements are broken down into stages and Gary is a very experienced teacher who will give clear guidance or further links to help support your learning requirements. There will be a relative patterns and guidance notes to support the session sent to you prior to the workshop.
Fabric & Material requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
· For the body 24” x 20” (60cm x 50cm) good quality white cotton sheeting or fine linen
· Hat & Present Sack 12” x 16” (30cm x 40cm) Red polyester or pure cotton
· Scarf and applique heart motif 30” x 3” (75cm x 8cm) in a red & white themed print polyester or pure cotton
· For applique 3”x 3” (8cm x 8cm) small square of fusible adhesive such as bonda web or you can use fabric glue
· 3 x ½” (15mm) red decorative buttons
· 1x ½” (15mm) white pompom or similar for the end of his hat
· For a carrot noise you need 1” x 1” (2cm x 2cm) orange felt or similar type of fabric
· 2x thin twigs for arms 5” x 1/8th thick (12cm x 5mm)
· Polyester toy stuffing 4oz or 110g
· Red, Cream & Black decorative sewing thread such as cotton Perle or DMC thread
· White machine thread
· Optional extra: For his rosy cheeks, a little pink water colour paint with a brush
Equipment Requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
· A sewing machine (straight stitch)
· Fabric, paper, and embroidery scissors
· Hand sewing needles
· Fabric marker pen (I have used a Frixion pen) or similar
· Chop stick or similar for stuffing
· Iron and board (small sheet grease proof paper to protect work when bonding on heart with iron)
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
The FREE pattern(s) will be sent to you via email to download, this/these is/are is to be printed in advance of the course!
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! If applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The ticket price of £25.00 is based on ONE person attending this crafting class.
IMPORTANT - Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop!
In light of current uncertainties regarding potential lockdowns in some/all parts of the UK due to Covid-19, please ensure you book your place & order any materials/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of any course dates.
- Online Workshop: Snowman£25£250£0