Saturday 06 June 2020: Online Workshop (Easy Cathedral Windows)
Time & Location
About the Event
Sarah Payne - Saturday 06 June 2020 - 3.00pm to 6.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: Easy Cathedral Window Cushion
On this Online Interactive Workshop you will learn a quick and easy method for making this traditional design, as taught by top crafter, Sarah Payne. The class requirements are for an 18 inch cushion, however, you can continue to make this into a full quilt if you like! This is a perfect class for beginners as well as more experienced quilters who just love this iconic design.
- Fabric – for this to work well you need a contrast between the arches and the windows. I would suggest the arches (the narrow curved sections) are done in a single plain colour and the rest (patterned) are a mix. You will need a total of ½ metre of the plain and a selection of fat ¼ for the patterned (see below for cutting instructions). To give you a guide, you can get twelve 5 inch squares from a fat ¼. You can also use charm square pre-cuts for the patterned fabric.
- 2 pieces of fabric for the envelope back of your cushion measuring 20 inches x 14 inches.
- ½ metre of fabric for the back of the cushion.
- Wadding and backing fabric for the cushion – 20 inches square.
- Sewing machine with a standard sewing machine foot and a walking foot if you have one.
Please pre-cut your fabrics before the class. You will need a total of twenty-one 5 inch squares from the patterned fabric and twenty 5 inch squares from the plain.
A percentage of profit from this Workshop will be donated to charity. Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited and allocated on a first-come/first-served basis!
- Sold OutOnline Workshop: Cushion£25£250£0