Sun, 04 Oct|
Wivenhoe House Hotel
Sunday 04 October 2020: One-Day Workshop
Book your place on Day-TWO of our Sewing & Quilting Workshops at Wivenhoe House Hotel, near Colchester!
Time & Location
04 Oct 2020, 09:30 – 16:30
Wivenhoe House Hotel, Wivenhoe House, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, CO4 3SQ
About the Event
Re-arranged (due to concerns over the Coronavirus outbreak in Spring 2020) from the original planned date of 29/3/20, join us on this fabulous One-Day Sewing & Quilting Course on Sunday 4th October 2020 where Sarah Payne will teach you several quilting techniques that you can take away and use for a whole variety of quilting projects, this will be via one project and will include skills for making quilts, bags, cushions or applique. All the skills learned will be invaluable! Likewise Heather Jacks will teach you via one project top tips in dressmaking, like how to stitch in the ditch, work with different types of fabric, master the overlocker, sew on a neck and so much more. Rest assured, you will be so much more confident & proficient when you leave and you will be brimming with ideas!
Wivenhoe House, is located approximately 15 minutes by car from Colchester.
This One-Day Sewing & Quilting Course will see you begin at 9.30am on the morning of Sunday 4th October 2020 and finish at 4.30pm the same day. Lunch & light refreshments will be served!
Wivenhoe House Hotel fits within our CraftyMonkies Retreat ethos: luxury, quality service, beautiful views and a stunning environment in which to learn, focus, relax, make friends, enjoy terrific food, (including cake!), learn new invaluable skills and come away with approx £50 RRP worth of goodies to make & take home!
Here's what you will need for your CraftyMonkies One-Day Course-
• Materials are included in the cost of your ticket.
• Sewing machine in good working order – with manual, and standard sewing machine feet. If you are unfamiliar with your machine, please take a few minutes to practice stitching in a straight line. You will need no further skills than that!
• Sewing threads in neutral colours (cream, ecru, greys – bring what you have!) and coloured swing machine threads for embroidery stitches.
• Rotary cutter (45mm rotary cutter is the best size) and mat (18” x 24 approx so a fat 14 fits on it easily) – please check that the cutting blade is sharp. I will have some spare bits of equipment, but it means you may have to share!
• Rulers – Easy Rule 2 (long ruler) and any square rulers you have hidden away will be useful.
• General sewing kit (pins, scissors, stitch ripper).
• Optional – craft iron and ironing mat (so you don’t have to queue!). There is an ironing station planned with domestic irons, so only bring small irons and don’t worry if you don’t have one – it’s not vital.
We cant wait to see you!
4/10-One Day Workshop
This ticket is for the One-Day Sewing & Quilting Workshop at Wivenhoe House Hotel on Sun 4/10/20£145.00