Thursday 28 January 2021: Online Workshop (Stitchy-Pie Needle Case)
Time & Location
About the Event
Lucy Brennan - Thursday 28 January 2021 - 6.00pm to 9.00pm (GMT)
Online Interactive Workshop: Stitchy-Pie Needle Case
We're really excited to welcome back the lovely Lucy Brennan for her first class of 2021, where you get to make her wonderful Stitchy-Pie Needle Case, an absolute 'must-have' for you and all your crafting friends!
Introduction by Lucy:-
This is my perfect needle case! It is a nice size and folds up so you can easily store it; the construction and snap fastener make your needles secure so they won't fall out; the arrangement means you are less likely to get pricked by the needles and the whole thing looks adorable.
Stitchy Pie is completely customisable and I will share ideas to make it totally unique. Once you have made one or two for yourself, you can make some for your friends - a Stitchy Pie case is the perfect extra item to include for online swaps - and purchasing the pattern then allows you to make them to sell on a small, handmade scale.
- Arrange your hand sewing or machine needles according to type, with defined sections you can quickly find your favourite needles!
- Compact case folds up neatly
- Safely store your needles and avoid pricks
- Felt pockets allow you to keep clips handy or store small notions
- Snap closure
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Create a unique improv. fabric panel
- Construct a neat needlecase
- Sewing bias binding to a circle
- Writing/stamping on fabric
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
This project is suitable for all levels!
Material requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- 10” square of fusible fleece or wadding
- 6” square of felt
- Snap fastener
- Fabric pen or pencil
- Coordinating thread
- Hera marker
- Wonder clips
- Permanent ink pen (I like Pigma Micron pens)
- Stamping Ink pad (I like Memento Dew Drop ink pads) and small alphabet letters
Fabric requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Selection of fabric scraps
- 10” square of inner fabric
- 35” of bias binding (cut fabric strips 2” wide)
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- General sewing kit - scissors, ruler, pins
- Sewing machine
- Walking Foot for your machine (if you have one)
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
The PDF pattern is available to buy via Lucys’s website (https://www.charmaboutyou.com/p/m.html) - once you have booked your place on the workshop, you will find a link in your confirmation email to buy the pattern with a discount code. Every participant using this link will receive Lucy's pattern for £2.75 (it is a digital download) instead of £5.00!
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! If applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The ticket price of £25.00 is based on ONE person attending this crafting class.
IMPORTANT - Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop!
In light of the ongoing potential for lockdowns in some/all parts of the UK due to Covid-19 outbreaks & subsequent Government-imposed restrictions to people movement and business operation, we advise everyone to please book your place & order any materials/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of any course dates.
- Online Workshop: Stitchy-Pie!£25£250£0