Tuesday 16 June 2020: Online Workshop (Strip Quilting)
Time & Location
About the Event
Sarah Payne - Tuesday 16 June 2020 - 10.00am to 1.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: Scrappy Strips Quilting
This is a really fun way to work your way through all of those piles of scraps you have been collecting in a corner of your sewing room! Sarah Payne will show you how to create a fun block, and then Quilt-As-You-Go to put it all together. You won’t get the quilt done in this one class, but you can at least make a start! You will be given full instructions after the workshop so you can complete the project at your leisure.
For this Online Interactive Workshop, fabric requirements are as follows:-
- A mixture of fabrics for the pattern.
- A jelly roll would work well although you wouldn’t need a whole one. I used a long quarter of 8 different fabrics - the more fabrics you use the ‘scrappier’ the result will look!
- 50cm of a neutral colour for the contrasting strips
- 15cm of a neutral fabric for the sashing on the quilt front ( I used the same fabric as the contrasting strips)
- 1 ¼ m of backing fabric
- 1 ¼ m of calico to be used as the foundation
- 12 pieces of wadding measuring 10.5” squares of wadding (60cm of wadding cut from the bolt)
Equipment requirements are as follows:-
- A Fabric Marker
- Sewing Machine in good working order (and fluff free) with manual, feet including a ¼” foot and new needle (a walking foot if you have one).
- Ruler, Rotary-Cutter and Mat.
- General sewing kit (scissors, pins, sewing needles etc).
You can pre-cut some of your fabrics before the class. You will need a mix of strips measuring from 1 inch to 2 ½ inches wide.
A percentage of profit from this Workshop will be donated to charity. Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited and allocated on a first-come/first-served basis!
- Online Workshop: Quilting£25£250£0