Wed, 12 Apr|
Online Interactive Workshop
Wednesday 12 April 2023: Online Workshop (Art & Design: The Kitchen 'Draw')
Gary Mills hosts a wonderfully inspiring 90-minute Art-based Online Interactive Workshop entitled: The Kitchen 'Draw'!...
Time & Location
12 Apr, 19:00 – 20:30 BST
Online Interactive Workshop
About the Event
Gary Mills - Wednesday 12 April 2023 (7.00-8.30pm, BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: Art & Design Class - The Kitchen 'Draw'
Introduction by Gary:-
Have you always wanted to learn more about being creative? Have you wanted to explore design, but never had the opportunity? Well, I've created a series of specifically designed classes just for you! They can be accessed by everyone and at all levels and abilities. This is for all of you who would like to learn and have a go, and those who enjoy being creative but would like to become a little freer and more open to some new ideas.
If you love, colour, doodling and playing with scraps of paper, cloth, and ephemera then you are really going to enjoy your time on Gary’s 90-minute Art & Design classes. This 'ticket' is for the April class, The Kitchen 'Draw', which takes place on Wednesday 12 April 2023.
When you buy this ticket you will receive your Zoom link and if applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date.
The ticket price of £17 is based on ONE person attending this class.
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
In this short 1 ½ hour lesson you will cover collaging with fabric and paper, using glue and stitch to reveal a drawn outline in stitch. You will then take this idea further by stencilling your image in paint and then reworking back into the stencilled image with machine stitch. You will be shown how to mark you’re your stencilled images and assemble your designs with templates supplied to follow.
The outcomes measure: 2X 10” X 10” (25cm X 25cm)
Material requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
All the materials are easily accessible. Such as papers and inks and paints can be sourced from local shops or online and most other materials can be found around your sewing box or in your desk draw.
You will need for this workshop:-
· Acrylic paints
§ Titanium White
· Optional some semi-permanent fixative spray to hold down the stencils, although not necessary as you can just hold down while your dry brush in the paint)
· A Glue stick such as a Pritt Stick or similar
· To make the stencil you will need A4 strong paper, card, or this clear acetate. (12cm x 12cm)
· 2 x 10” X 10” (25cm X 25cm) firm calico (medium weight or you can use cream cotton or linen (all pressed and ironed flat)
· Black sewing thread
· A couple of old book pages with plain text
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
· Sharp paper scissors & craft knife & cutting mat
· A ruler or quilting square for measuring and cutting against
· 2 x containers such as a jam jars to hold some clean water.
· A large plate or a palette for mixing paint
· 1 small paint brush 1x medium sized flat paint brush
· Either sponge brushes or pieces of sponge for painting
· Some paper kitchen towel to hand
· Ruler or quilting / crafting square
· Pencil and rubber
· IMPORTANT: Have a hair-dryer to hand when speed drying is required!
The ticket price of £17.00 is based on ONE person attending this class
Enjoy this Class again on YouTube!
A link to a recording of this class will be sent to all who buy a live ticket for the Zoom broadcast approximately 5 working days after the event; the video will be available to view for 30 days from the video release date.
Online Art and Design Trio