Wednesday 29 April 2020: Online Tutorial (Free-Motion)
Time & Location
About the Event
Sarah Payne will show you how you can create a fun design using scraps of fabric and your Free-Motion Embroidery foot on your sewing machine. Learn how to create your design, transfer it onto fabric and then 'draw' it with your sewing machine. This is a fun experimental class and you will end up with one or more raw edged appliqué and free motion stitched block that you can turn into a cushion or frame. We are going to base our design on the theme of Home and a basic template will be emailed to you before the class starts.
For this Online Interactive Tutorial you will need:-
- 12 inch quilt sandwich for practice – a quilt sandwich is a piece of fabric for the top, a piece of wadding and then some backing all cut to the same size.
- 12 x 18 inch quilt sandwich for your design. Use white fabric for the tops of each piece.
- Scraps of coloured fabrics for your design. You can use bright colours or pastels – patterns work best if they are small.
- A piece of HeatnBond or Bondaweb – approximately A4 size. Please contact us if you are unable to get hold of any.
- Mixed selection of sewing machine threads in whatever colours you have.
- Free motion foot (picture to follow). Please ensure that this is correctly fitted before the class starts. You will be sent a video to help with that.
- Sewing machine in good working order.
- Iron and ironing board/mat.
We very much look forward to welcoming you along on our very first CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Tutorial on Wednesday 29 April 2020: 10.00am - 1.00pm. Online entry to this 'e-tutorial' will be possible from 10.00am, so we can all get introduced and get cracking on the project as soon as possible!
- Sold OutOnline Tutorial: Free-Motion£20£200£0