Purchase this digital product and receive a link to the YouTube video of the CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Workshop featuring top tutor Gary Mills and his wonderful Mindful Easy-Art class, Garland of Flowers!
Gary's brand new series of art classes are back to inspire your creative juices, but to also help you to set aside a little time every month just for YOU dear CraftyMonkie! Especially in the dark wintery months coming up!
This Mindful Easy-Art Project is a two hour creative activity which has been designed from the CraftyMonkies Tea-Time Tutorials on our YouTube Channel. The benefits of emerging yourself for a short period of time with a simple and accessible art project, can calm the mind and lift the spirits in these hectic and sometimes stressful times we live in.
In this session you will be creating a painted and collaged Garland Of Flowers, using printing with water colour paints and then brush techniques to make flower shapes. You will be learning how to further work into the flower designs with coloured pencils to add further definition to your flowers and leaf design. The design is then cut out and assembled to create this very attractive outcome. Makes for a great idea if you are a greetings card maker, but also a piece of Artwork you could frame in a box and add to your gallery of your own.
This Mindful Art project gives you 'permission' to take some time out!...
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Have you always wanted to learn more about being creative? Do you find life just races by, and you would like to take a moment to yourself and immerse yourself in something creative. Well, this is just one of the lessons specifically designed for you by Gary Mills, where he has created a series of individual art activities that specifically are designed to be accessed by everyone and at all levels and abilities; This is for all of you who would like to learn and have a go, and those who enjoy being creative but would like to become a little freer and more open to some new ideas. If you love, colour, doodling and playing with scraps of paper, then you are really going to enjoy your time on any of Gary’s Mindful Art Projects.
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Gary has many years of experience as a professional practitioner and teacher of art and textiles; his lessons are so enjoyable, relaxed, fun, and very well organised with his clear and patient guidance. This lesson is suitable for all; if you are a beginner this is a great way to find your creative ability through learning some art process and skills which explore the rudiments of creative art practices. For those with some confidence and experience you could add further diversify to approaches in your own artistic ability and imagination.
Material requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
All the materials and equipment are easily accessible. Such as papers, paints, pencils and pens can be sourced from local shops or online and most other materials can be found around your home.
What you will need for this workshop:-
· 2 x A3 pieces of good quality paper (weight 220g/m2 -250g/m2) Gary has used Winsor and Newton brand either mixed media paper or cartridge paper. (there are other verities on the market you can use) But use whatever you can find at home the heavier the paper the better the outcome. But if all you have is copier paper than use that, the project is about the practice rather than the quality of the paper you use.
· Box / tin of water colour paints (Gary uses Koh-I-Noor ink tense / brilliant dye based colours as he likes the strength of the colours they give, but you can get good results from a basic tin of water colour paints)
· A set of coloured pencils (can be the water soluble variety but not necessary)· 1x black ink pen such as a permanent ink pen, (a pen which will not smudge or run when wet) Gary used a Uni Pen Fine Line 0.8, but there are plenty of others available.
· Optional a white Posca Pen for white dots (Gary likes this pen and is great fun adding white highlights to your work, he purchased his on amazon) alternatively you could use liquid paper such as “Tipex” or even white acrylic paint and a small brush)
· A Glue stick such as a Pritt Stick or similar (Optional: 3 x small Sticky Pads for relief raised flower detail)
· Pencil & Rubber
· A sheet of Baking Parchment (great for keeping your work clean when sticking down)
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
· 15cm diameter bowl to print circles with (bowl must have an edge to paint on and then print with)
· Sharp paper scissors & craft knife & cutting mat (or cut onto an old magazine)
· A ruler or quilting square for measuring and cutting against
· Pencil sharpener
· A mini water spritzer/ sprayer (the type you can get with empty mini travel bottles / a small plant sprayer) Gary uses these to pre wet his paints and also used for spritzing his work to add more interest and smudging (which is allowed in my art session!)
· 2 x containers such as a jam jars to hold some clean water.
· 1 x medium round soft paint brush 1x medium sized flat paint brush (2cm wide)
· Either sponge brushes or pieces of sponge for painting & wetting paper
· Some paper kitchen towel to hand
· Something for rubbing such as a blunt butter knife or a spoon (Gary uses a bone paper folder but not necessary)
· IMPORTANT: A hair-dryer to hand when speed drying is required
This class is available to view as many times as you like for 60 days FROM THE DATE OF YOUR PURCHASE
NOTE: Any short video featured in this promotional info is a Trailer and not the fully-edited version you'll gain access to via YouTube!
© Copyright CraftyMonkies Ltd. All rights reserved.
top of page
bottom of page