Purchase this digital product and receive a link to the YouTube video of the CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Workshop featuring leading designer, tutor & craft expert Jennie Pickett and her wonderful Iris Handbag Organiser workshop, which first aired via Zoom on Suaturday 14th May 2022.
Once you have purchased this product, the PDF document you will receive contains a link to the private-access video on YouTube PLUS Jennie's Pattern & full Guide to make the bag - this is an exclusive deal with CraftyMonkies until 01 September 2022, after which date anyone purchasing the video will have to buy the Pattern separately from Jennie's website.
Introduction by Jennie:-
If you know me at all, you know I have an absolute love for sewing & organising and especially for the two combined! Yet, somehow my bag is always a bottomless pit for things I cannot find. So, I created the Iris Purse/Handbag Organiser to help keep things tidy inside my purse and make switching bags a breeze. With lots of slip pockets (no fewer than 12!!), a zipper pocket, and a clip for my keys, the organiser makes finding things in my bag easy and swapping bags a breeze!
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
In this workshop you’ll learn to add functional and decorative pockets, install an inset zipper, make drawstring sleeves, and how to assemble the bag. The finished case measures 8” wide x 4” deep x 6 ½” high.
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Understanding of using the sewing machine, how to cut fabric with the rotary cutter, and basic sewing are required.
Material requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
· One 6” (15 cm) zipper
· One ½” (15 mm) swivel clip
· 1 yard ⅝” Fold Over Elastic
· ¼ yard fusible fleece such as TP971F Fusible Thermolam® Plus or Vilene Iron-on Fleece Medium Loft or Legacy 987F Fusible Fleece OR if using batting quilt two layers to the bag body before class
· ⅔ yard medium woven interfacing such as Pellon SF101 or Viline Woven G700 or Legacy L101 OR use another medium weight non-woven fusible interfacing
· 1 yard 5mm cotton cord or ribbon for drawstring, as a substitute, use soft laundry line
· Matching thread for sewing and top stitching
Fabric requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Scrap fabrics are suitable for this project, as the majority of the pieces are small. If using scraps, follow cutting instructions for sizes.
· 1 Fat Quarter – Optional: linen (Bag Body)
· 1 Fat Quarter (Lining and zipper Pocket)
· 1 Fat Quarter (Outside Pockets and drawstring Sleeves)
· 1 Fat Quarter (Lining Pockets and Key Clip)
· 8” x 15” Sport Mesh (Outside Pockets)
Fabric and Interfacing cutting for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
We will cut the fabrics for the drawstring buckets in the class. Please have your fabrics selected in advance.
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
The following equipment is required for the workshop, in addition to preparing all the pieces in advance. Please note, an extra sewing machine needle is advised as a needle is occasionally broken when sewing zippers.
· Sewing Machine
· Regular Machine Foot
· Zipper Foot
· Extra Sewing Machine Needle
· Rotary Cutter
· Cutting Mat
· Cutting Rulers
· Disappearing Ink Pen (for marking pocket divisions)
· Washable Glue Stick (for inserting zipper)
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
A comprehensive pattern/instruction guide is included in the purchase of this video, until 01 September 2022, so you can make the drawstring buckets on your own and refer to the divider instructions.
This class is available to view as many times as you like for 60 days FROM THE DATE OF YOUR PURCHASE
NOTE: Any short video featured in this promotional info is a Trailer and not the fully-edited version you'll gain access to via YouTube!
© Copyright CraftyMonkies Ltd. All rights reserved.
top of page
bottom of page