Wed, 12 Jun|
2024 USA Retreat - 1 Day ticket - Wed 12 June 24
This One - Day ticket allows access to our classes with two of our fantastic CraftyMonkies tutors: Sarah Hibbert, and Nicholas Ball!
Time & Location
12 Jun 2024, 09:30 – 16:30 GMT-4
Lancaster, 2400 Willow Street Pike, Lancaster, PA 17602, USA
About the Event
2024 Midweek USA Craft Retreat - Wednesday 12 June 2024
Featuring Nicholas Ball & Sarah Hibbert,
Venue: Doubletree Resort by Hilton Hotel in Lancaster, PA, USA
This One-Day ticket gives you access to the fabulous CraftyMonkies USA Midweek Craft Retreat for this day and you will work with both Nicholas and Sarah.
The wonderful Doubletree Resort by Hilton Hotels, Lancaster PA, chosen for its accessibility is the location for our first ever USA retreat so exciting! With this ticket you will need to arrive at the Hilton for a 9.30am start for your tailor made sewing classes on Wednesday 12th June, a Lunch & light refreshments will be served on this day.
At this point we are looking at a maximum of 30 students per group with your teacher, we believe in attentive teaching, we don't want to have hundreds of students to one teacher, we prefer an much more intimate setting, with plenty of space for you to work in and personal tuition from each of your teachers.
The Doubletree Resort by Hilton Hotels fits within our CraftyMonkies Craft Retreat ethos: luxury, quality, attentive service, beautiful views and a stunning environment in which to learn, focus, relax, make friends, enjoy terrific food, (including cake!) and learn new invaluable skills. We want your every need to be catered for.
Nicholas Ball - Wednesday 12 June 2024
"I’ve always been a little bit obsessed with creating quilts that have unusual inspiration behind them. My first foray into improv quilting was my Vegetable Patch Quilt. Made in 2014, this quilt features a selection of vegetables, including red cabbage and leek, and highlights through liberated piecing the shapes and texture found within them. I’m excited to continue this theme with a brand new design exclusively for the Crafty Monkies 2024 retreat! My students will learn the basics of several of my core piecing techniques and the art of observation as we work together to create a truly unique piece"
Sarah Hibbert - Wednesday 12 June 2024
'I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.' David Bowie
"Don’t you just love this quote? Want to play? I will be taking you on a fun session of jumping into paper collage. Taking paper scraps from magazines and paper samples to creating your own unique paper design. I will be talking about colour balance, values, and layering. So don’t’ throw those papers out! Anything will do for collage, collect tickets, magazine articles and old postage stamps and bring them along. It will all create something unique. I use this process often as the baseline for my fabric quilts. We will also discuss in class how you can take your individual design further and what you can create from a simple play session."
Here's what you will need for your CraftyMonkies 2024 USA One-Day ticket:-
- Your own fabric you would like to sew with (more details to follow but it will simply be from your own stash, no need to buy anything fancy!)
- Sewing machine in good working order – with manual, and standard sewing machine feet. If you are unfamiliar with your machine, please take a few minutes to practice stitching in a straight line. You will need no further skills than that!
- Sewing threads in neutral colours (cream, ecru, greys – bring what you have!) and coloured swing machine threads for embroidery stitches.
- Rotary Cutter (45mm rotary cutter is the best size) and mat (18” x 24 approx so a fat 14 fits on it easily) – please check that the cutting blade is sharp. I will have some spare bits of equipment, but it means you may have to share!
- Rulers – Easy Rule 2 (long ruler) and any square rulers you have hidden away will be useful.
- General sewing kit (pins, scissors, stitch ripper, etc).
- Optional items – craft iron and ironing mat (so you don’t have to queue!). There is an ironing station planned with domestic irons, so only bring small irons and don’t worry if you don’t have one – it’s not vital.
- Ticket type
USA One Day Ticket - 12 June
This ticket gives you entry to the One Day sewing classes with Nicholas Ball and Sarah Hibbert. You will work with both and will have refreshments and a lovely lunch provided. Class starts at 9.30am and ends at 4.30pm (Eastern Time)Price£270.00