Fri, 02 Sept|
Oulton Hall Hotel
Friday 02 September 2022: In-Person, One-Day Workshop (Scan N Cut)
Join the multi-talented Sarah Payne for a LIVE, In-Person, One-Day Workshop at Oulton Hall Hotel, near Leeds which will teach you all you need to know about getting the most out of your Brother Scan 'N' Cut machine!...
Time & Location
02 Sept 2022, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
Oulton Hall Hotel, Near Rothwell, Leeds, LS26 8HN
About the Event
Sarah Payne - Friday 02 September 2022 - 9.30am to 4.00pm (BST)
LIVE, In-Person, One-Day Workshop: Scan N Cut
We're really excited to be hosting this one-day skills-based Scan 'N' Cut workshop with the wonderful & hugely talented Sarah Payne, a long-time collaborator with CraftyMonkies since the company's inception back in 2019! This class will teach you all you need to know to fully understand & engage with all your Scan 'N' Cut machine can do - the possibilities really do appear to be limitless....
Introduction by Sarah:-
This class is a mixture of hands-on exercises and demonstrations and is very much focused on sewists. The idea is for attendees to get a better understanding of how to use their Scan 'N' Cut machines for working with FABRIC. You will practice cutting blocks and appliqués which you can take home and sew together after the workshop! Therefore you will NOT need a sewing machine or a computer for this class, but you will need a Scan N Cut machine (CM or SDX models)
What you will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Getting it out of the box! What are the bits for, and which settings do we care about?
- Locating built in designs – basic shapes, themed shapes, sentiments, borders and character sets.
- Pattern Layout screen and how to use it, plus editing, welding, and grouping designs.
- Built in Applique patterns – resize, mirror, add seam allowance and cut an applique.
- Built in Quilt blocks – select, resize and cut a block.
- Accessing Canvas Workspace – demonstration on opening, filtering and downloading pre-created designs.
Scanning in a design for appliqué. Draw a basic design and scan it in.
The following sections will be demonstrated using optional accessories available for the machines – you can bring your own if you wish, but you do not need them to learn how they work:
- Using your Scan N Cut to draw with pens and dissolvable pens so you can use the built-in designs to make quilt designs or hand embroidery patterns.
- Using your Scan N Cut with an embroidery machine. Sarah will be bringing an embroidery machine with her to show you how these machines can be used together. This is a demonstration so do not worry if you do not have an embroidery machine.
- Using your machine with an embroidery design with an appliqué element.
- Creating an appliqué design from an embroidery design without one!
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
All skill levels - Sarah is a fabulous tutor, so no matter your level of experience, she'll be able to bring you on in leaps & bounds!
Material requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Brother accessories required:
- Scan N Cut machine. This is a fabric-based workshop and so the CMQ800 Quilters edition and the CM900 are the
- most appropriate because earlier models will not read the embroidery files. However earlier machines can be used for the other sections of the class. The DX range is also acceptable.
- Standard Tack Mat
- Scanning Mat (optional)
- Standard Cut Blade and Standard Cut Blade Holder (this should be the one your machine came with!)
- High Tack Fabric Support Sheet
Fabric requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Iron-On Fabric Support Sheet (or Bondaweb or Heat N Bond)
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric – lots of bits. A fat quarter bundle will do, but you may wish to bring along a few scraps too to play with.
- Notebook and pen for taking notes.
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
There is no pattern for this class!
Tickets for this Live, In-Person, One-Day Scan N Cut Workshop will be limited and allocated on a first-come/first-served basis, so please be sure to book quickly!
The ticket price of £125.00 is based on ONE person attending this live, in-person crafting class. The price includes your Lunch, Tea & Coffee and Light Refreshments on the day, as well as the class Tuition which runs from 9.30am to 4.00pm.
If however you would like to attend the One-Day Scan 'N' Cut Workshop (as listed above) but ALSO stay at the Oulton Hall Hotel for your Evening Dinner, and stay overnight in a Double En-Suite Room with Breakfast the next morning (Saturday 3rd September) included, the ticket price is £295.00.
Why Not Make A Full Weekend Of It?!
If you would like to make a bonanza weekend of it and embrace the One-Day Live In-Person Scan N Cut Workshop AND attend our Weekend Sewing Retreat, we've got great news! At the time of writing, there are still a few places available on the Weekend Sewing Retreat, but you would need to book BOTH the £125.00 event ticket for the One-Day Scan 'N' Cut Workshop AND the Weekend Sewing Retreat ticket (£595.00 for Single Occupancy or £475.00 for Shared Occupancy, subject to availability) separately in order to stay on the Friday AND Saturday nights and attend BOTH events!
Phew! That's a lot of information to take in! If you are at all confused by any of the above and need any help whatsoever by way of explanation, please just email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop!
Please ensure you book your place & order any materials/fabrics/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of course dates.
One-Day Workshop: ScanNCut
This ticket is for the CraftyMonkies Live, In-Person, One-Day Scan N Cut Workshop with Sarah Payne on Friday 02 September 2022 (9.30am-4.00pm, BST)£125.00
One-Day Workshop + B&B
This ticket is for the CraftyMonkies Live, In-Person, One-Day Scan N Cut Workshop & Overnight Stay with Sarah Payne on Friday 02 September 2022 (9.30am-4.00pm, BST)£295.00