Friday 02 - Sunday 04 September 2022: Weekend Retreat (Oulton Hall)
Time & Location
About the Event
Oulton Hall Weekend Craft Retreat - Friday 02 to Sunday 04 September 2022
Featuring Janet Clare, Sarah Payne, Nicholas Ball & Chris English!
Join us next September in the beautiful county of Yorkshire for a truly fabulous weekend of crafting, trunk shows, relaxing spa-time, socialising, wonderful food and FUN!
On this fabulous retreat, not only will you have a re-invigorating, luxury break (the hotel even features a Spa!) away with like-minded 'crafty souls', but you will also work with FOUR of our fantastic CraftyMonkies tutors: Sarah Payne, Janet Clare, Nicholas Ball and Chris English!
Oulton Hall Hotel in West Yorkshire, is located a few miles from the M62 and M1, is approx 25 minutes from Leeds and 8 miles from Wakefield, West Yorkshire. This Weekend Retreat ticket will see you welcomed by us with a drinks reception from 5.00pm on the evening of Friday 2nd September 2022 , have a 9.30am start on Saturday 3rd September and Sunday 4th September to work with each of the four CraftyMonkies tutors for a morning and afternoon session, a two-night stay in a luxurious room within Oulton Hall Hotel - did we also mention you'll also have use of the beautiful Oulton Hall Hotel SPA should you so desire?! - have a three-course dinner on the Saturday night, a cooked breakfast on both Saturday & Sunday morning (lighter options are also available, as are meals for those with special dietary requirements, if needed) and be entertained with a couple of Trunk Shows in between! Lunch & light refreshments (inc Oulton Hall's splendid Afternoon Tea!) will be served on both days (again, all dietary requirements can be catered for) and you will walk away with some goodies too!
Oulton Hall Hotel fits within our CraftyMonkies Retreat ethos: luxury, quality, attentive service, beautiful views and a stunning environment in which to learn, focus, relax, make friends, enjoy terrific food, (including cake!), and learn new invaluable skills. Did we mention a Spa visit is included in the price? Yes there is, but please note that any treatments guests would like to enjoy are payable in addition to our core course fees and payment for such must be made direct to the hotel. Treatments would also have to be pre-booked directly with the hotel prior to you arriving on the course.
Here's what you will need for your CraftyMonkies Retreat weekend:-
• Your own fabric you would like to sew with (more details to follow but it will simply be from your own stash, no need to buy anything fancy!)
• Sewing machine in good working order – with manual, and standard sewing machine feet. If you are unfamiliar with your machine, please take a few minutes to practice stitching in a straight line. You will need no further skills than that!
• Sewing threads in neutral colours (cream, ecru, greys – bring what you have!) and coloured swing machine threads for embroidery stitches.
• Rotary Cutter (45mm rotary cutter is the best size) and mat (18” x 24 approx so a fat 14 fits on it easily) – please check that the cutting blade is sharp. I will have some spare bits of equipment, but it means you may have to share!
• Rulers – Easy Rule 2 (long ruler) and any square rulers you have hidden away will be useful.
• General sewing kit (pins, scissors, stitch ripper, etc).
• Optional items – craft iron and ironing mat (so you don’t have to queue!). There is an ironing station planned with domestic irons, so only bring small irons and don’t worry if you don’t have one – it’s not vital.
Below is an overview of what you'll enjoy with each of our wonderful tutors over the weekend - if any of you are new to the idea of investing in a Weekend Retreat, we can assure you that you'll have the most fabulous time! Rachel and all our tutors really are the most warm, engaging of souls and our total focus is on ensuring that you have an experience to remember - trying