Friday 07 August 2020: Online Workshop (Free Motion Embroidery)
Time & Location
About the Event
Sarah Payne - Friday 07 August 2020 - 6.00pm to 9.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: Free Motion Embroidery
A fun-packed CraftyMonkies/Zoom Online Interactive Workshop hosted by Rachel Pierman & featuring the wonderful Sarah Payne who will show you how you can create a fun design using scraps of fabric and your Free Motion Embroidery foot on your sewing machine. Learn how to create your design, transfer it onto fabric and then 'draw' it with your sewing machine. This is a fun experimental class and you will end up with one or more raw edged appliqué and free motion stitched block that you can turn into a cushion or frame. We are going to base our design on the theme of Home and a basic template will be emailed to you before the class starts.
Please note that this course is a repeat of two Sarah has run previously in late April and early May 2020, but as you'll see from pictures on the website, Sarah always puts a fresh spin on things!
For this online interactive workshop you will need:-
- 12 inch quilt sandwich for practice – a quilt sandwich is a piece of fabric for the top, a piece of wadding and then some backing all cut to the same size.
- 12 x 18 inch quilt sandwich for your design. Use white fabric for the tops of each piece.
- Scraps of coloured fabrics for your design. You can use bright colours or pastels – patterns work best if they are small.
- A piece of HeatnBond or Bondaweb – approximately A4 size. Please contact us if you are unable to get hold of any.
- Mixed selection of sewing machine threads in whatever colours you have.
- Free Motion/Walking Foot (pictures & video guide, below). Please ensure that this is correctly fitted before the class starts. You will be sent a video to help with that.
- Sewing machine in good working order.
- Iron and ironing board/mat.
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis!
- Online Workshop: Free Motion£25£250£0