Friday 20 November 2020: Online Workshop (Robin Embroidery Hoop)
Time & Location
About the Event
Judith Hollies - Friday 20 November 2020 - 6.00pm to 9.00pm (GMT)
Online Interactive Workshop: Robin Embroidery Hoop
We're really excited to welcome another wonderful & hugely talented Guest Craft Tutor in Judith Hollies to the CraftyMonkies stable! Judith's first evening session will see participants create a wonderfully festive Robin Embroidery Hoop.
Judith has been teaching patchwork & quilting for thirteen years. Textile Art is always popular in her classes so she designed this cute festive hoop to teach one of her favourite applique techniques: Free Motion Sketching.
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
In this workshop you will learn how to Free Motion Sketch a bondawebbed Robin onto a low volume, quilted background and mount it into an 8” hoop.
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Provided you are a competent sewing-machine user (eg. know how to change feet, needles, machine settings, etc.), this workshop is suitable for anyone! Prior knowledge of patchwork or quilting is not essential!
Material/Fabric Requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
A comprehensive PDF detailing all fabric & materials required will be emailed to clients once they have booked and paid for their place on the course. Full kits**, as well as individual materials*, will be available to purchase via Judith's website ahead of the course:-
** Full kits available to purchase via: https://justjude-designs.com/product/robin-hoop-kit/
* Individual items (see below) available to purchase via: www.justjude-designs.com
For The Picture:
- Background: ‘Low volume’ (pale) cotton scraps (between ½” and 2” in width)
- Offcuts of lace/trim
- Robin: Red, brown & white cotton scraps
- Branch: Brown cotton scrap
- 12” square light/medium weight fusible vilene*
- ¼ metre Bondaweb*
- Thread* to match background fabrics (for quilting)
- Dark grey, brown or navy* thread (for sketching detail)
- Black* thread (Robin’s eye)
For The Hoop:
- 8” embroidery hoop*
- 8” square of red felt (backing)
- 2 x (11/2” x 44”) strips of red cotton* (to bind hoop) – can use several smaller strips
- ½ metre length of ½” wide ribbon (hanging loop and decorative bow)
- PVA glue, brush and plastic tub (e.g. takeaway tub) to glaze fabric covering hoop
- Strong Craft glue (e.g. ‘Incredibly Tacky’ available from Amazon) to stick felt backing
Equipment Requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Darning/Free Motion Quilting foot (must be compatible with your make/model of machine)
- Paper cutting scissors
- Fabric cutting scissors
- Rotarty cutter, ruler, mat
- Non-permanent fabric marking pen*
- Hand sewing needle & thread
- Size 90/14 standard sewing machine needle
- Iron & ironing board
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
A comprehensive PDF detailing all Pattern information will be emailed to clients once they have booked and paid for their place on the course.
Additional Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Please refer to your sewing-machine's manual on how to correctly attach Free Motion Quilting/Darning Foot to your machine.
Please have a 10” square quilt sandwich prepared before the start of the workshop (we will practise Free Motion Sketching and tension before starting on the hoop).
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis!
Any free pattern and other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The Ticket price of £25.00 is based on ONE person attending this workshop.
Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop!
In light of current uncertainties regarding potential lockdowns in some/all parts of the UK due to Covid-19, please ensure you book your place & order any materials/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of any course dates.
- Online Workshop: Robin Hoop£25£250£0