Friday 26 February 2021: Online Workshop (Stained Glass Windows)
Time & Location
About the Event
Judith Hollies - Friday 26 February 2021 - 6.00pm to 9.00pm (GMT)
Online Interactive Workshop: Stained Glass Window Effects for Patchwork & Quilting
A change in theme originally planned for Judith Hollies' class on this date (her Twin Needled Appliqué Panel class might have required some participants to pop along to a print-shop to print off large templates - not an easy task during a nationwide lockdown!), this alternative Stained Glass Window Effects workshop should still prove to be a winner with fans of creating dramatic effects!
Introduction by Jude:-
I have been teaching patchwork & quilting for over 13 years. From age 10 I sewed on a Singer Treadle machine inherited from my Granny, and I have to confess I didn't learn how to use an electric machine until age 30! I am a keen re-purposer of different textiles in my patchwork & quilting projects and an absolute lover of fabric scraps! Many of my patterns and designs have been featured in several quilting publications and I'm confident you'll love what we've got lined up for you in this class!
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
This workshop is about creating dramatic stained glass window effects to your patchwork & quilting, by twin needle quilting fusible bias tape to your pieced panel. Create striking cushions, wallhangings, quilts and bags using this innovative technique!
On this online interactive workshop you will learn:
- How to piece a mosaic background panel
- How to spray baste this to wadding
- How to set up your machine for twin needling
- How to create a stained glass window effect using fusible bias
- How to quilt the fusible bias in place with a twin needle
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Advanced Beginner/Intermediate – you will have confident use of your sewing-machine (including attaching a Walking Foot), ¼” seam allowance and how to measure and cut fabric using a rotary cutter & ruler.
Material/Fabric requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
* Denotes items available to purchase at www.justjude-designs.com
- 1 Fat Quarter* (at least 18” x 22”) and 4 Fat Eighths (at least 9” x 22”) or use scraps (see workshop shop prep for sizes)
- Wadding*: 20”/50cm square, available via:-
- Calico*: 20”/50cm square:
- 3 metres of 6mm fusible bias tape (contrasting colour to your fabrics)
- Thread*: 2 matching spools of thread that are same colour as bias tape
- Basting Spray* (505), available via:-
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Rotary Cutter, ruler and mat
- Iron & ironing board
- Sewing machine
- Walking Foot
- Needles*: Size 80/12 standard needle (piecing)
- Size 80/12 or 90/14 3mm or 4mm twin needle, available via:-
- 2nd spool pin (or tall wine glass!)
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Jude's FREE Mosaic Cushion Twin Needled Pattern will be available to all workshop participants.
Jude's FREE Printable Workshop Cutting Sheet is available via:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AWns6GD14bUmZM5CdWqReoVnaOXZl5X0/view?usp=sharing
Additional Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Workshop Prep in advance of the class:
- Cut out pieces for panel according to Cutting Sheet
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! If applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The ticket price of £25.00 is based on ONE person attending this crafting class.
Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop!
In light of the ongoing potential for lockdowns in some/all parts of the UK due to Covid-19 outbreaks & subsequent Government-imposed restrictions to people movement and business operation, we advise everyone to please book your place & order any materials/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of any course dates.
Enjoy This Class/Workshop Again on YouTube!
A recording of this workshop will be sent to all who buy a live ticket for the Zoom broadcast approximately 5 working days after the event; the video will be available to view for 90 days from the video release date.
Are you not able to attend this class due to living in a different time-zone?
Are you otherwise engaged on the date of this workshop? Well, we have excellent news!
This class will be available to view via Pay-On-Demand via our Online Shop for 90 days following the video release date (approximately 5 working days after it is broadcast on Zoom).
- Online Workshop: Stained Glass£25£250£0