Friday 31 July 2020: Online Workshop (Appliqué)
Time & Location
About the Event
Gary Mills - Friday 31 July 2020 - 6.00pm to 9.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Tutorial: Waggle Tails Hound Appliqué
We're really excited to be hosting our first workshop with the wonderfully charismatic & hugely talented Gary Mills. A sewist since he was a young lad, Gary's enthusiasm & passion for his craft really shines through and we're sure he'll prove to be a huge hit with our crafting audience!
Appliqué ‘Waggle Tails’, the most adorable hound, in Gary's 3-hour workshop. This course is very much a ‘skills bomb’ of processes for you to learn. Tailored for the beginner in the art of firstly transferring the image, then how to use transfer adhesive for appliqué with free motion embroidery, it is a great start to get to grips with these addictive skilled processes; you will even learn some hand-tinting with colour to finish off your outcome! This class is full of little cheats and 'how-to' tips to get the best results from both yourself and your sewing-machine.
The outcome could be framed, would make a great panel for a quilt or even a cushion centre - Gary will discuss with you any ideas that come up through this workshop!...
The following items are required for this online interactive workshop:-
- Base fabric: Cream / White cotton canvas or heavy calico, or heavy linen minimum size 21cm x 30cm, although you can work on a larger piece if you prefer. Pressed
- Stitch and tear 21cm x 30cm
- Bonda web or similar for bonding applique pieces 25cm x 50cm
- Selection of small pieces of suitably chosen fabrics (light wools and tweeds, printed and the plain cottons such as white & black especially for muzzles and noses)
- A palate of water colour paints (a children’s set will do) and a small brush for tinting your final image, small pot of water. A soluble fabric marker pen is useful.
- 1x sheet A4 tracing paper, soft pencil B1-2 and biro to transfer image, sticky tape
- Sewing-machine with an embroidery or darning foot attachment. An iron, sheet of baking parchment for pressing, scissors, pins, polyester dark machine thread.
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & available on a first-come/first-served basis!
- Online Workshop: Appliqué£25£250£0