Saturday 01 May 2021: Online Workshop (Ashford Handbag)
Time & Location
About the Event
Svetlana Sotak - Saturday 01 May 2021 - 4.00pm to 7.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: Ashford Handbag
Regrettably, this class is now SOLD OUT! Information for all those lucky enough to secure a ticket is below!...
It goes without saying that we're once again delighted to welcome back the lovely Svetlana Sotak for another of her great workshops! This afternoon/evening session will see you follow Svetlana step-by-step to make her fabulous Ashford Handbag!...
Introduction by Svetlana:-
Come and sew this beautiful Ashford Handbag with me! With its super-handy zipper pocket on the inside and a main zipper closure, this fabulously roomy handbag can easily fit all of your essentials plus a few extras which makes it an ideal bag to be used on a daily basis (finished size: 11 ½'' tall x 13'' wide on bottom x 4'' deep).
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- How to install a zipper pocket on the inside of the bag
- How to add fabric tabs to the main zipper and how to install the zipper for a beautifully professional finish
- How to attach either leather or fabric handles to your bag using rivets (we’ll go over my favorite tools and materials)
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:
Advanced Beginner and higher...
Material requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Exterior (FABRIC A, FABRIC B) – designer cotton canvas, Essex linen, cotton/linen blend fabric, or medium weight quilting cotton are recommended. Waxed canvas could also be used (no need to add fusible fleece in that case).
Lining (FABRIC C) – quilting cotton
MATERIALS NEEDED (Fabric requirements are based on 42'' wide fabric):
- FABRIC A (Main Exterior) – 1/4 yard
- FABRIC B (Contrasting Exterior Bottom) – 1/4 yard
- FABRIC C (Lining) – 3/4 yard
- FUSIBLE FLEECE (Pellon TP971 or Vlieseline H640) – 1/2 yard Click for supplier
- INTERFACING (Pellon SF101 or Vlieseline G700) – 3/4 yard
- 1 (one) x 10'' long or longer standard #3 NYLON ZIPPER Click for supplier
- 1 (one) x 18'' long or longer bagmaking #4.5 or #5 NYLON ZIPPER
- 2 x (two) x 3/4'' wide x 29'' leather strips for handles Click for supplier
- 8 (eight) x 8mm x 6mm RIVETS Click for supplier
- 2 (two) x – Zipper pulls (optional)
My favorite rivets are Dritz double-cap 8mm x 6mm rivets and can be purchased online or at most craft stores.
I buy most of my zippers online from Zipit on Etsy
I buy my leather handles from leatherEU on Etsy and my preferred thickness is 1.5 – 2mm
- Cutting mat, Ruler and Rotary Cutter
- Wonder clips and/or Pins
- Disappearing Fabric Marker or Fine Chalk Pen
- Fabric Scissors + Utility Scissors
- 90/14 Needle for your sewing-machine
- Zipper Foot for your sewing-machine
- Leather Hole Punch + Rivet Setting Tool
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
After they have booked a place on the workshop, each participant will receive a FREE 12-page PDF pattern with lots of color photos and written instructions for future use!
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! If applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The ticket price of £30.00 is based on ONE person attending this crafting class.
This CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Workshop is being broadcast from the United Kingdom and the class time given is based on British Summer Time (BST). We advise you check via Google Search (or similar) to see corresponding start-time in YOUR location!
Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop! In light of current uncertainties regarding potential lockdowns in some/all parts of the UK due to Covid-19, please ensure you book your place & order any materials/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of any course dates.
Enjoy This Class/Workshop Again on YouTube! A link to a recording of this workshop will be sent to all who buy a live ticket for the Zoom broadcast approximately 5 working days after the event; the video will be available to view for 30 days from the video release date.
Are you not able to attend this class due to living in a different time-zone? Are you otherwise engaged on the date of this workshop? Well, we have excellent news! This class will be available to view via Pay-On-Demand via our Online Shop for 30 days following the video release date (approximately 5 working days after broadcast on Zoom).
- Sold OutOnline Workshop: Ashford Bag£30£300£0