Saturday 03 October 2020: Online Workshop (Seasonal Embroidery Hoop)
Time & Location
About the Event
Lucy Brennan - Saturday 03 October 2020 - 10.00am to 1.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: Seasonal Theme Embroidery Hoop
Originally scheduled for Tuesday 29 September 2020 (apologies again for any inconvenience caused to all those who previously booked on that date), we hope you are able to join us for this class with the wonderfully talented & engaging Lucy Brennan.
You can create Embroidery Hoops for all seasons: perfect for a sweet decorative touch to your home or to give as a gift! You will be provided with two original designs - Seasonal Leaves and Happy. Lucy will show you how to prepare the design, demonstrate different embroidery stitches, like French knots, and teach you tips for perfectly neat embroidered lettering. She will also teach various ways to finish off the hoop so it is ready for displaying.
Requirements for this online interactive workshop are as follows:-
- Cotton Fabric - size dependent on the design/hoop - Lucy recommends at least a 12” square
- Woven Fusible Stabiliser (optional, same size as cotton fabric)
- Embroidery Hoop - size 7” hoop for Seasonal Leaves / size 6” for Happy / size 4” for a smaller Happy.
Please Note: You could scale the patterns up or down when printing to a size that fits the hoops you have.
- Water soluble pen or pencil
- Embroidery thread or perle cotton (or a combination) - you will need a selection of colours; you can choose these based on the design you wish to stitch
- Embroidery Needle
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! Any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this workshop will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The ticket price of £25.00 is based on ONE person attending this workshop.
- Online Workshop: Embroidery£25£250£0