Sat, 03 Oct|
Wivenhoe House Hotel
Saturday 03 + Sunday 04 October 2020: Sewist & Non-Sewist
Book your place for you & your Non-Sewist Partner on our Two-Day Sewing & Quilting Retreat at Wivenhoe House Hotel, near Colchester!
Time & Location
03 Oct 2020, 09:30 – 04 Oct 2020, 16:30
Wivenhoe House Hotel, Wivenhoe House, Wivenhoe Park Colchester CO4 3SQ
About the Event
Re-arranged (due to concerns over the Coronavirus outbreak in Spring 2020) from the original planned dates of 28 & 29/3/20, join us on this fabulous Two Day Retreat, where Sarah Payne will teach you several quilting techniques that you can take away and use for a whole variety of quilting projects, this will be via two projects and will include skills for making quilts, bags, cushions or applique. All the skills learned will be invaluable! Likewise Heather Jacks will teach you via two projects top tips in dressmaking, like how to stitch in the ditch, work with different types of fabric, master the overlocker, sew on a neck and so much more. Rest assured, you will be so much more confident & proficient when you leave and you will be brimming with ideas!
Wivenhoe House Hotel, is located approximately 15 minutes by car from Colchester.
This Retreat ticket will see you begin the course at 9.30am on the morning of Saturday 3rd October 2020, stay overnight in a luxurious room within Wivenhoe House Hotel, have a three-course dinner on the Saturday night, a cooked breakfast the following morning & continue with the course on Sunday 4th October 2020; Sunday's course will commence at 9.30am and finish at approx 4.30pm. Lunch & light refreshments will be served on both days.
Your Non-Sewist Partner wil stay with you in your room, is entitled to use the hotel facilities and enjoy a three-course meal on the Saturday night and breakfast the following morning (lunch on both days is not included for partners).
Wivenhoe House Hotel fits within our CraftyMonkies Retreat ethos: luxury, quality service, beautiful views and a stunning environment in which to learn, focus, relax, make friends, enjoy terrific food, (including cake!), learn new invaluable skills and come away with approx £100 RRP worth of goodies to make & take home!
Here's what you will need for your CraftyMonkies Retreat weekend:-
• Materials are included in the cost of your ticket.
• Sewing machine in good working order – with manual, and standard sewing machine feet. If you are unfamiliar with your machine, please take a few minutes to practice stitching in a straight line. You will need no further skills than that!
• Sewing threads in neutral colours (cream, ecru, greys – bring what you have!) and coloured swing machine threads for embroidery stitches.
• Rotary cutter (45mm rotary cutter is the best size) and mat (18” x 24 approx so a fat 14 fits on it easily) – please check that the cutting blade is sharp. I will have some spare bits of equipment, but it means you may have to share!
• Rulers – Easy Rule 2 (long ruler) and any square rulers you have hidden away will be useful.
• General sewing kit (pins, scissors, stitch ripper).
• Optional – craft iron and ironing mat (so you don’t have to queue!). There is an ironing station planned with domestic irons, so only bring small irons and don’t worry if you don’t have one – it’s not vital.
We cant wait to see you!
This ticket is for the full Two-Day Sewing & Quilting Retreat at Wivenhoe House on Sat 3/10/20 + Sun 4/10/20 for you & your Non-Sewist Partner