Saturday 13 February 2021: Online Workshop (Malmo Pouch)
Time & Location
About the Event
Svetlana Sotak - Saturday 13 February 2021 - 4.00pm to 7.00pm (GMT)
Online Interactive Workshop: Malmo Pouch
We're really excited to be hosting this Malmo Pouch workshop where, once again, we'll be in the wonderful company of the superbly talented Svetlana Sotak!
Introduction by Svetlana:-
Learn how to make this beautiful foldover pouch in three sizes featuring a main zipper closure, a lovely leather handle, and an additional welted zipper pocket (plus the bonus instructions on how to turn it into a super handy crossbody bag)!
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
In this class we'll learn how to add structure and stability to the finished pouches using easily accessible sewing supplies and materials. We'll also learn how to neatly install zippers for a beautiful, professional finish and we'll talk about customization and how to use the skills we learn in our future projects.
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
This class is for sewists of all levels!
Material & Fabric requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- FE (fat eighth) of fabric measures 9'' x 21''
- FABRIC A (exterior) – 1 FE
- FABRIC B (exterior flap + main zipper tab) – 1 FE
- FABRIC C (main lining + zipper pocket lining) – 1/2 yard
- SF101 INTERFACING (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice) – 3/4 yard
- One (1) – 8'' long metal or nylon main ZIPPER
- One (1) - 5'' long metal or nylon pocket ZIPPER
- One (1) – 1/2'' wide x 5 ½'' long leather strip for handle
- One (1) – 1/2'' – 1'' wide x 1 ¾'' long cotton ribbon
- One (1) – 1/8'' wide x 4'' long leather lace or ribbon for closure loop
- One (1) – larger button of choice 2 zipper pulls (optional)
Svetlana recommends using Essex linen, denim, designer canvas, or cotton/linen blend for the exterior panel of the pouch (FABRIC A). Quilting cotton can also be used, but your finished pouch will not be as sturdy. Quilting cotton will work great for the exterior flap panel as well as the lining (FABRICS B, C).
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Rotary cutter, self healing cutting mat, acrylic ruler
- Wonder clips and/or pins
- Disappearing fabric marker or fine chalk pen
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Zipper foot for your sewing machine
- Hand sewing supplies and strong thread to attach the button (Svetlana uses Perle Cotton)
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
A PDF pattern for the two pouch sizes (plus the additional CraftyMonkies exclusive bonus third size!) will be provided as part of the class, once you have booked your place.
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! If applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The ticket price of £30.00 is based on ONE person attending this crafting class.
Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop!
In light of the ongoing potential for lockdowns in some/all parts of the UK due to Covid-19 outbreaks & subsequent Government-imposed restrictions to people movement and business operation, we advise everyone to please book your place & order any materials/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of any course dates.
Enjoy This Class/Workshop Again on YouTube!
A recording of this workshop will be sent to all who buy a live ticket for the Zoom broadcast approximately 5 working days after the event; the video will be available to view for 90 days from the video release date.
Are you not able to attend this class due to living in a different time-zone?
Are you otherwise engaged on the date of this workshop? Well, we have excellent news!
This class will be available to view via Pay-On-Demand via our Online Shop for 90 days following the video release date (approximately 5 working days after it is broadcast on Zoom).
- Online Workshop: Malmo Pouch£30£300£0