Sat, 13 Mar|
Online Interactive Workshop
Saturday 13 March 2021: Online Workshop (Bullfinch Appliqué)
Janet Clare hosts a three-hour Online Interactive Workshop which sees you make a beautiful Bullfinch Appliqué block!…
Time & Location
13 Mar 2021, 16:00 – 19:00 GMT
Online Interactive Workshop
About the Event
Janet Clare - Saturday 13 March 2021 - 4.00pm to 7.00pm (GMT)
Online Interactive Workshop: Bullfinch Appliqué
We're delighted to welcome the lovely Janet Clare once again into the wonderful world of online crafting we call 'Monkiesville'! In this class you will use Appliqué to make a block taken from Janet's 'Small Brown British Birds' quilt, namely her Bullfinch!
Introduction by Janet:-
Pyrrhula - Bullfinches to you and me! - are beautifully coloured plump birds who are most easily seen on the edges of woodland. They are quiet, shy and secretive so seeing them is a treat. If you go to the RSPB website you can hear their slightly melancholy song. And happily for us they make ideal subjects for appliqué pictures!
Our Bullfinch is from a much larger quilt of mine called ‘Small Brown British Birds’.
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Free motion drawing
- Fusible appliqué
- Embroidering text
- What Henry VIII thought about Bullfinches!
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Confident beginners and above - you need to be comfortable with your sewing-machine and hand-sewing!
Fabric requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Scrap fabric and wadding (A4 approx) to practice free motion drawing
- Embroidery floss
- Stitch ‘n’ tear available via:-
- 9 ½ inch square of pale background fabric
- Fabric Scraps in Bullfinch colours- a selection of black, grey, browns and a dull pink – don’t worry too much about the exact shades and look at the reverse of your fabrics too as they will be more muted and subtle in colour and maybe better suited to becoming a Bullfinch
- Bondaweb or similar double sided Fusible web
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Sewing machine set up for free motion quilting- a darning foot, feed dogs down
- Usual sewing kit and supplies for hand sewing
- Dark grey or black polyester sewing thread
- Pencil, paper
- Iron and ironing board
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Bullfinch and wording template included; to be printed by participants at home.
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! If applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The ticket price of £25.00 is based on ONE person attending this crafting class.
Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop! In light of current uncertainties regarding potential lockdowns in some/all parts of the UK due to Covid-19, please ensure you book your place & order any materials/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of any course dates.
This class is a live Zoom Workshop ONLY! We are NOT able to offer a recorded Pay-On-Demand video for sale after this event.
Online Workshop: Bullfinch App
This ticket is for the CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Workshop with Janet Clare on Saturday 13 March 2021 (4.00pm-7.00pm, GMT)£25.00