Sat, 14 Mar|
De Vere Tortworth Court Hotel
Saturday 14 + Sunday 15 March 2020: Sewist & Non-Sewist
Book your place for you & your Non-Sewist Partner on our Two-Day Sewing & Quilting Retreat at Tortworth Court Hotel, near Bristol!
Time & Location
14 Mar 2020, 09:30 – 15 Mar 2020, 16:30
De Vere Tortworth Court Hotel, Tortworth, Wotton-under-Edge, GL12 8HH
About the Event
On this fabulous Two Day Retreat complete with spa, Sarah Payne will teach you several quilting techniques that you can take away and use for a whole variety of quilting projects, this will be via two projects and will include skills for making quilts, bags, cushions or applique. All the skills learned will be invaluable! Likewise Heather Jacks will teach you via two projects top tips in dressmaking, like how to stitch in the ditch, work with different types of fabric, master the overlocker, sew on a neck and so much more. Rest assured, you will be so much more confident & proficient when you leave and you will be brimming with ideas!
Tortworth Court Hotel, is located approximately 12 miles from Bristol.
This Retreat ticket will see you begin the course at 9.30am on the morning of Saturday 14th March 2020, stay overnight in a luxurious room within Tortworth Court Hotel, HAVE FREE USE OF THE BEAUTIFUL SPA SHOULD YOU SO DESIRE, have a three-course dinner on the Saturday night, a cooked breakfast the following morning & continue with the course on Sunday 14th March 2020; Sunday's course will commence at 9.30am and finish at approx 4.30pm. Lunch & light refreshments will be served on both days.
Your Non-Sewist Partner wil stay with you in your room, is entitled to use the hotel facilities and enjoy a three-course meal on the Saturday night, breakfast the following morning (lunch on both days is not included for partners).
Tortworth Court Hotel fits within our CraftyMonkies Retreat ethos: luxury, quality service, beautiful views and a stunning environment in which to learn, focus, relax, make friends, enjoy terrific food, (including cake!), learn new invaluable skills and come away with approx £100 RRP worth of goodies to make & take home!
Here's what you will need for your CraftyMonkies Retreat weekend:-
• Materials are included in the cost of your ticket.
• Sewing machine in good working order – with manual, and standard sewing machine feet. If you are unfamiliar with your machine, please take a few minutes to practice stitching in a straight line. You will need no further skills than that!
• Sewing threads in neutral colours (cream, ecru, greys – bring what you have!) and coloured swing machine threads for embroidery stitches.
• Rotary cutter (45mm rotary cutter is the best size) and mat (18” x 24 approx so a fat 14 fits on it easily) – please check that the cutting blade is sharp. I will have some spare bits of equipment, but it means you may have to share!
• Rulers – Easy Rule 2 (long ruler) and any square rulers you have hidden away will be useful.
• General sewing kit (pins, scissors, stitch ripper).
• Optional – craft iron and ironing mat (so you don’t have to queue!). There is an ironing station planned with domestic irons, so only bring small irons and don’t worry if you don’t have one – it’s not vital.
We cant wait to see you!
This ticket is for the full Two-Day Sewing & Quilting Retreat at Tortworth on Sat 14/3/20 + Sun 15/3/20 for you & your Non-Sewist Partner