Saturday 28 November 2020: Online Workshop (Beginners' Guide to Sewing Machines)
Time & Location
About the Event
Lucy Brennan - Saturday 28 November 2020 - 10.00am to 1.00pm (GMT)
Online Interactive Workshop: Beginners Guide To Your Sewing Machine
Introduction by Lucy:-
Using a sewing-machine can sometimes be frustrating! To save you wanting to throw it out of the window, learn how to make it work for you and get the most out of your machine! Whether you are new to sewing or have a new sewing-machine, this class will give you the skills to properly operate your sewing machine, tackle problems and really get to know your machine so you can sew with confidence.
Whether you have a basic model or a whizzy computerised machine, every sewing-machine is welcome!
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- All the basics, including what not to do! (you might be surprised!)
- Explore the features of your machine
- Identify which feet are most useful for your sewing projects, discover the best tools and most useful accessories
- What adjustments you should make, yes we will be dealing with tension!
- Troubleshoot common issues
- How to take care of your machine
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
This class is suitable for all levels!
Material requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
Fabric requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
You'll need some reasonable sized scrap pieces of cotton fabric for testing stitches and adjustments
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Sewing Machine and the instruction manual (and any feet or accessories that came with your machine)
- Notebook and Pen
- Usual sewing tools (eg bobbin, scissors, thread, sewing-machine needles)
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! If applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. The ticket price of £25.00 is based on ONE person attending this crafting class.
Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop!
In light of current uncertainties regarding potential lockdowns in some/all parts of the UK due to Covid-19, please ensure you book your place & order any materials/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of any course dates.
- Online Workshop: SewMachine£25£250£0