Sun, 10 Apr|
Online Interactive Workshop
Sunday 10 April 2022: Online Workshop (Chicky-Chick Egg Cosy!)
Gary Mills hosts a ONE-hour FREE Online Interactive Workshop teaching you how to make his fun & fabulous Chick-Chick-Chicky Egg Cosy!…
Time & Location
10 Apr 2022, 11:00 – 12:00 BST
Online Interactive Workshop
About the Event
Gary Mills - Sunday 10 April 2022 - 11.00am to 12.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: Chick-Chick-Chicky Egg Cosy!
We're really excited to be hosting this FREE One-Hour Workshop with the wonderful & hugely talented Gary Mills! This class will see participants make Gary's fabulous, fun project in time for Easter, namely: Chick-Chick-Chicky Egg Cosy!...
Introduction by Gary:-
Here is an opportunity to join a fabulous CraftyMonkies Zoom workshop to make this adorable chicken-styled Egg Cosy. This workshop is open for all to come and join in, and to celebrate being creative. If this is your first time joining us at CraftyMonkies or you have never joined in on a Zoom workshop before this is the ideal opportunity to give it a try; all you need is four small squares of fabric, a couple of very small squares of felt, some thread and a needle and one hour spent on this workshop with me, Gary Mills, where I will carefully guide you through the process. You will be amazed how easy these little chickens are to make once you have been shown the process… In no time you will have your very own brood nesting down on your breakfast table with all your ‘soldiers’ lined up ready for some serious runny yolk dunking! These feathered friends are also such a great scrap buster and would make for great springtime gifts for young and old. What isn’t there to like about this project?
This workshop will be full of FUN as always, the session will be relaxed with plenty of conversational chatter from Rachel and Gary, we look forward to having you come along for this creative session.
What You Will Learn in this Online Interactive Workshop:-
The workshop covers simple hand stitching with a needle and thread. Or you can machine stitch if you wish. You will learn to cut out simple pattern pieces, cut small pieces of felt fabric for the details and follow a process in stages to achieve the outcome. There is measuring and easy sewing assembly and turning through to make the chicken.
Skill Level for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
This workshop is suitable for all from a beginner to sewing or someone more experienced, but also if you are new to taking part in a zoom workshop.
Material & Fabric requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
The following is based on making ONE Chick-Chick-Chicky Egg Cosy:-
- For the outer you will need: 2x 7” X 6” squares of chosen cotton or linen fabric (Gary has chosen blue and white striped ticking fabric for his chicken cosy) but you can even use old denim or recycled woven fabrics of your choice.
- For the inner lining you will need: 2x 7” X 6” squares of plain cotton or calico (Gary has used an off-white cotton)
- For an added insulation option you can add an interlining between: 2x 7” X 6” squares of wadding, such as quilting batting. You can always use some fleece or old blanket (or similar) as an interlining.
- Matching colour sewing thread.
- For decoration around the heart motif, a length of either stranded embroidery thread or Cotton Perle colour of your choice.
- Small rectangle 3” x 4” red felt for the heart decoration and comb, and 1” X 1” yellow felt for the beak (although you can use woven fabric if that is what you have-to-hand)
- For the eyes: You have options, either 2x 1/4” buttons or push through toy eyes (Gary has used a simple stitched French Knot in black embroidery thread for the eyes)
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop:-
- Sharp medium-sized Sewing Needle
- Fabric Scissors
- Pins - just a few!
- Small Sewing Scissors for cutting threads and trimming.
- Either a Fabric Pen or Pencil to mark points on the pattern
The following are optional, but not necessary:-
- Pinking Shears to cut the chicken’s comb edge
- Bradawl if using the push through toy eyes
- Chop-Stick or similar to push out the corners!
Note: You can use a sewing machine if you prefer for this project; a basic straight stitch size 2 – 2.5 is required and a medium sized needle size 10-12. Please have filled bobbins and threads ready for the start of the session. Please check that your sewing machine is working well; therefore, do run off some stitches on a scrap of fabric prior to the start of the session.
Pattern Information relevant to this Online Interactive Workshop: -
The FREE Pattern will be emailed to everyone who obtains a ticket for this workshop, approximately 5 working days before the class:-
- Please print off the pattern & cut out all pattern pieces prior to the start of the workshop.
- Seam allowance is included in the pattern ½” or 1cm
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited & allocated on a first-come/first-served basis! If applicable, any free pattern, or other information, relevant to this course will be forwarded to you after booking and approximately 5 days before the course date. There is no ticket price; this class is FREE!!! but ticket sales are based on ONE person per order attending this class.
This CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Workshop is being broadcast from the United Kingdom and the class time given is based on British Summer Time (BST). We advise you check via Google Search (or similar) to see corresponding start-time in YOUR location! Here's a great world time zone reference:-
Ordering MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT Online For Any Class/Workshop!
In light of the ongoing situation regards potential delays with supply of certain materials/fabrics/equipment from around the world due to the lasting impact of Covid-19, please ensure you book your place & order any materials/fabrics/equipment online in plenty of time ahead of course dates.
Enjoy This Class/Workshop Again on YouTube!
A link to a recording of this workshop will be sent to all who buy a live ticket for the Zoom broadcast approximately 5 working days after the event; the video will be available to view for 30 days from the video release date.
Are you not able to attend this class due to living in a different time-zone? Are you otherwise engaged on the date of this workshop? Well, we have excellent news!
This class will be available to view via Pay-On-Demand via our Online Shop for 30 days following the video release date (approximately 5 working days after broadcast on Zoom)
Online Workshop: Egg Cosy
This ticket is for the FREE CraftyMonkies Online Interactive Workshop with Gary Mills on Sunday 10 April 2022 (11.00am-12.00pm, BST)