Thu, 05 Dec|
National Trust Belton House
Thursday 05 December 2019
One-Day Sewing Workshop hosted by TV Presenter Rachel Pierman and featuring top quilter Sarah Payne and leading seamstress Heather Jacks!...
Time & Location
05 Dec 2019, 09:30 – 16:30
National Trust Belton House, High Road Belton, Grantham NG32 2LW, UK
About the Event
Sarah's seasonal project is the crazy Patchwork Christmas Stocking; Heather will teach you how to make a stunning kimono top or draped top, your choice!
Crazy Patchwork Christmas Stocking
kimono top/draped top
Set in the beautiful surroundings of Belton at the National Trust house Belton Hall, High Road Belton, Grantham NG32 2LW, we are offering you the chance to have a full day of sewing and quilting with both Sarah and Heather. Rachel Pierman will be there too to host this fabulous event. You will also have a lovely lunch and receive a goody bag at the end of the day. All kits up to the value of £60 are included in the price! I'm sure a mince pie or two may be on offer too!
Here's what you will need:
• Materials are included in the cost of your ticket.
• Sewing machine in good working order – with manual, and standard sewing machine feet. If you are unfamiliar with your machine, please take a few minutes to practice stitching in a straight line. You will need no further skills than that!
• Sewing threads in neutral colours (cream, ecru, greys – bring what you have!) and coloured swing machine threads for embroidery stitches.
• Rotary cutter (45mm rotary cutter is the best size) and mat (18” x 24 approx so a fat ¼ fits on it easily) – please check that the cutting blade is sharp. I will have some spare bits of equipment, but it means you may have to share!
• Rulers – Easy Rule 2 (long ruler) and any square rulers you have hidden away will be useful.
• General sewing kit (pins, scissors, stitch ripper).
• Optional – craft iron and ironing mat (so you don’t have to queue!). There is an ironing station planned with domestic irons, so only bring small irons and don’t worry if you don’t have one – it’s not vital.
We cant wait to see you!
This ticket includes tuition, materials up to the value of £50.00 RRP, lunch, tea & coffee and a goodie bag to take home!...