Tuesday 30 June 2020: Online Workshop (Quilting)
Time & Location
About the Event
Sarah Payne - Tuesday 30 June 2020 - 6.00pm to 9.00pm (BST)
Online Interactive Workshop: Jelly Roll Stars Quilt
This is a really fun quilt to make using your Jelly Roll and some background fabric and is a perfect class for beginners!
This simple quilt is created using 2 blocks – a star and a bordered square. Once you have learnt the method for both blocks you can make your quilt any size you like – just add fabric. You won’t get the quilt done in one class, but you can at least make a start! You will be given full instructions after the class so you can complete the project at your leisure!
This example finishes less than 1m square – depending on the borders you add.
Fabric requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop are as follows:-
- This quilt uses a jelly roll – but not a whole one. This size uses 16 strips. If you don’t have a jelly roll simply cut 32 strips from a selection of fat 1/4s measuring 2 ½ inches wide.
- 1 m of white on white fabric (this includes an allowance for the binding)
- Threads for piecing
Equipment requirements for this Online Interactive Workshop are as follows:-
- Sewing machine in good working order with manual and all feet, bobbins and a new needle
- Rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat
- It is useful to have an easy angle (right angel or Half Square triangle) ruler and a square ruler. You can make the quilt without these rulers but your quilt will be slightly smaller.
- Pre-cut – if you do not have a jelly roll then please cut 2 ½ inch wide strips from a selection of fat 1/4s.
A percentage of profit from this Workshop will be donated to charity. Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited and allocated on a first-come/first-served basis!
- Online Workshop: Quilting£25£250£0