Wednesday 13 May 2020: Online Workshop (Screenprinting)
Time & Location
About the Event
Karen Lewis - Wednesday 13 May 2020
Online Interactive Tutorial: Screenprinting
There are two price-points for this course: £25.00 sees you gain access to the tutorial; £45.00 sees you gain access to the tutorial and get a full Kit from Karen ahead of the course. The £45.00 option includes shipping of the Kit to the UK mainland.
Come and learn the space friendly portable embroidery hoop method of screen printing. Karen will be teaching you everything you need to be able to print on fabric at home. You will learn all the techniques needed including design, stencil cutting and printing in this fun informative workshop.
You will learn how to prepare screens with the stencil cutting method, understand what designs work best with this method, along with techniques to help you get perfect prints every time.
For this Online Interactive Tutorial you will need:-
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Plastic spoon
- General purpose masking tape
- A5/A4 cutting mat
- Old towel/wadding that you don’t mind getting paint on - at least FQ size.old credit/store card to use as a squeegee
- Apron/old shirt that you don’t mind getting paint on.
- Old unwanted fabric to practice print on
- Fabric to print on - this doesn’t need to be pre washed. Quilting cotton is best.
The following are also needed and are available to purchase as a kit from Karen, if required, via www.karenlewistextiles.com
- Craft knife
- 6” embroidery hoop
- Cotton Gauze
- Water-based acrylic fabric paint for screen printing
- Newsprint stencil paper
Tickets for this Online Interactive Course (via the Zoom platform) will be limited to 30 on a first-come/first-served basis; Karen's follow-on interactive course takes place on Thursday 21st May and participants get the chance to turn their designs into a gorgeous Quilted Tote Bag!
- Online Tutorial: Screen£25£250£0
- Online Tutorial: Screen + Kit£45£450£0