Wednesday 20 May 2020: Online Workshop (Binding/Finishing)
Time & Location
About the Event
Sarah Payne - Wednesday 20 May 2020
Online Interactive Workshop: Alternative Binding and Finishing Methods
So you have made your quilted item and now you want to know how to finish it! Join Sarah Payne as she takes you through different finishing techniques and helps you decide when to use them. This class will be full of technique, and there will not be time for you to try them all, but Sarah will demonstrate each one and you will get to have a go at a number of different methods. At the end of this course, you will never look at binding the same way again!
- Bagging and envelop finishes
- Traditional binding – hand and machine finished
- Folded forward binding – mitred and folded
- Flange binding
- Bordered binding
- Ribbon binding
- Decorative finishing
- Indian finishing
- Prairie points binding
- Invisible binding
- Binding curves
- Using pre-made Bias binding
- Creating hanging methods for your work – at least 3 different methods!
For this Online Interactive Workshop you will need:
- Ten Quilt Sandwiches to practice on measuring about 6 inches square (you can make slightly larger or smaller if it suits your scraps) – a quilt sandwich is a piece of fabric for the top, a piece of wadding and then some backing, all cut to the same size. This does not need to be blocks.
- 3 fat quarters – cut one of them into 2 x ½ inch wide strips along the long length of the fat 1/4.
- Mixed selection of sewing-machine threads in whatever colours you have.
- Sewing-machine (in good working order).
- Iron and ironing-board/mat.
- Walking foot if you have one. Don’t worry if you don’t, we will be working on small samples so you can manage without!
Tickets for this Online Interactive Workshop (via the Zoom platform) will be limited to 40 on a first-come/first-served basis!
- Sold OutOnline Workshop: Alt Binding£25£250£0